What would you do ?

posted 2 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
14966 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Seems odd to me that he would not answer for so long if he is home.  Are you physically knocking?  Or do you have their number and are texting him too?  Can you get a hold of his wife and see if she has heard from him? 

Post # 3
3450 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

First, I hope you feel better. 😊 I suffer from migraines but headaches are no fun either. Honestly, I’d be a little concerned in this situation especially since he’s older. Its not like you aren’t familiar with one another and if he didn’t want to be bothered I imagine he could have simply declined your invitation after answering the door. πŸ˜• idk on the one hand I wouldn’t want to bug someone but on the other you know his routine so if you’re absolutely certain he’s been home all this time I’d be worried something happened to him. I don’t suppose you have the wifes contact number?

Post # 4
9527 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Can you ask the wife if she has heard from him? If not have the police do an anonymous welfare check

Post # 8
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

Call the police ASAP

Post # 9
14966 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would try again or call the police.  Not seeing him when you normally would, not seeing lights on at night.  That is strange.  I would rather be safe than sorry.  I think he would understand too even if he were OK and just hadnt answered you.

Post # 10
6635 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

abeeinlove :  If his wife asked you toc heck on him and you’re hearing/seeing nothing that is usual, definitely check up again.  It’d be a weird coincidence for something to have happened just at the time she’s away, but not impossible.  I agree that if he doesn’t answer you, you should have the police do a welfare check, just in case.  He could have fallen and broken something, had a heart attack, or just be spending his day in the dark masturbating.  Who knows, but you’d probably feel bad if it were one of the more dire things and you’d done nothing.

If his window is open, you can always call out that you’re getting worried and if he doesn’t respond you’ll be calling the police, so he knows if he can hear/can’t talk/is ignoring you.

Post # 11
929 posts
Busy bee

Do you have the wife’s cell number? I would say contact her if you are worried something is wrong.

Post # 12
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

You may feel embarrassed if he is fine… But you will feel worse if he isn’t. Knock again (yourself if husband is not home), call the wife if there is no answer. If she is also concerned then call the police. I would find it a bit weird but sweet if I was in the old man’s shoes. Do it!

Post # 14
9527 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

abeeinlove :  When my mother was in her early 30’s her ear drum burst, rendering her incapable to really move due to the disbalance. She was alone and was barely able to call 911. People of all ages can fall down stairs (or shower) and break something, have a brain hemorrhage or a stroke. I had a minor one at work at 29. He might not be “old and frail” to have a serious medical issue that he cannot communicate.

Post # 15
1703 posts
Bumble bee

CALL THE POLICE. Age doesn’t matter – any number of things can happen to someone. CALL THE POLICE NOW for a well-check. Better to be safe than sorry.

PLEASE CALL.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors