What would you do ?

posted 2 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 16
7905 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I agree with PP about asking police to check on him. Maybe it’s nothing, but it could also be something very bad. 

Post # 17
4910 posts
Honey bee

Call the police for a welfare check. 

Post # 18
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Any update?

Post # 19
472 posts
Helper bee

I would probably be worried too, but at the same time, if the wife is worried and hasn’t heard from him, wouldn’t she reach out to you or the police herself? Unless they aren’t the type to check in with each other. 

Post # 20
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2026

I don’t think you should feel bad about “bothering” her. If something really is wrong, and you did not tell her, I think you would feel much, much worse. My aunt had a stroke at 20. Age is just a number.

Post # 21
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

Have to agree with the majority. Age is irrelevant. I fainted while home alone at age 27 and that would have been scary enough but I also cracked my head against the table on the way down. Doctor later diagnosed me with non-diabetic hypoglycemia. Thankfully my sister was on her way home when it happened. I’d rather be safe than sorry in this situation. Hope your neighbor is well.

Post # 22
2333 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

No harm in calling the wife, I hardly think that’s embarrassing

Post # 23
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Affirming PP’s urge to call at least the wife if not police regardless of age. When my grandpa was in his 60s he fell off the balcony of his house onto the cement surrounding the pool, my grandma didn’t check on him for hours because she figured he was doing his thing (he was ultimately fine), you just can’t predict when someone might have had a serious accident. Better to deal with a somewhat annoyed neighbor and laugh about it later than to be sorry.

Post # 24
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

2 days? Car in the driveway?

Call the police. Worst case, it’s a false alarm.

Post # 27
2646 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

abeeinlove :  his wife asked you to check on him. Pound on the door like crazy and yell “I’m sorry but your wife asked me to check on you and I’m worried now, I just need you to come to the door” if he doesn’t respond try to let yourself in to check and just give the same explanation. Imagine if you were overseas and your husband was senior and you called the person you asked to check on him and they were like “I dunno, it seems like he’s home but he won’t answer the door” imagine the panic you’d feel, she obviously has concerns or she wouldn’t have asked you to check on him.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors