(Closed) What would you do if…

posted 10 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I probably would change the date because that can be done easier then the hell of getting a different dress. And yes we would keep the baby ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
6593 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I would change the date! push it back a few months and keep the baby! Seen as I am just under 9 months from the wedding that would be very bad timing ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 5
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

my date is in 40 days so i’d just go ahead as planned, maybe pretend the baby was delivered a month early haha. although a baby plus grad school would be bad news bears.

Post # 6
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

If I got pregnant right now, I’d FREAK OUT…but would keep it and push the wedding up or back depending on what we could work out, because if I got pregnant now, the due date would be within a few weeks of the wedding date! Wouldn’t want to risk a wedding day delivery LOL.

Post # 7
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I’m about 10mo’s out so I’d probably scrap the big wedding, have a small ceremony with family and a nice dinner at a restaurant reception, have the kid and then have a big ol’ 1yr anniv. party.

Post # 8
11324 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Well… we would get legally married ASAP because I don’t have any pregnancy coverage on my insurance!! As for a ceremony with our family and friends, I think that we would probably wait until fall 2011 so the kid would be about 1 and we could do the party then. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Surprise wedding everyone in late January, probably… and we’d keep the baby.

Post # 10
350 posts
Helper bee

I’m married already so I dodged that bullet (phew!) but this was something I thought a lot during our engagement.  I would have kept the date but bought a new dress.  Since we had a relatively short engagement (less than 8 months) it was hard for us to get a date where both the church AND the reception site we wanted were available.  I would NOT have wanted to try to pick another date!!!  And def. kept the baby- while I don’t believe abortion should be illegal, I am personally opposed to having one myself.

Post # 11
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We would move the wedding way up, even though this would make neither of our families happy- we aren’t even engaged yet and are “secretly” planning for September 2012.  I’d rather not have a toddler on my wedding day…

That being said we may go through with the original plans- we are in disagreement on whether or not we would put said baby up for adoption.  I say no- despite the fact that it is years before we are planning on having children I would feel incredibly guilty that I decided to give away my baby.  He says at this point we would not be able to give the baby the life it deserves…

But that’s a whole other argument.

Edit:On another note- I would never have an abortion despite my views on pro-choice.  But I won’t get into that.


Post # 12
1560 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Well even though a part of me would be absolutely ECSTATIC I’m sure I’d freak out just a big…we are in the baby-talks right now – HOWEVER our wedding isn’t until June. We are legal – but no one except a handful of people know this…

Plus – I LOVE my dress and I do NOT want to be 6 months pregnant on my wedding day! lol – BUT since I’ve already paid for the venue – and it’s incredibly hard to get inTO this venue…I’d find a new wedding dress – or REALLY have them take it out!

Post # 13
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Well, I would be extremely shocked and freak out a bunch – that would be what I would do first LOL we are already talking about babies in general terms and we’re at a place now where we’re emotionally and financially stable, have solid careers, own a house, have strong families to help support us, etc., so we would keep the baby.

Wedding-wise….we would most likely have a very small (i.e., just parents and best friends) ceremony ASAP with a reception at a restaurant, and maybe have a larger “reception” a year or two in the future. Everything I have already bought for the wedding would be put up for sale ASAP as kids aren’t cheap! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

not yet engaged and not sure what i would do. i would err toward not having the baby because we REALLLY can’t afford to properly care for one. we also decided we didn’t want to have kids so, not sure if me getting pregnant would change his mind.

Post # 15
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

oh my goodness, i would FREAK out. we’re not engaged yet so there would be a lot of explaining to do. we would keep the child since abortion is not an option for us for religious and personal reasons. we’d probably marry a lot quicker than we planned and i know our families would be disappointed.

Post # 16
1206 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Keep the baby and keep the wedding date.  Stinks I wouldn’t be able to have the champagne toast at midnight though…. Like a PP said, I may pretend the baby came a little early!  I would not be happy about it at first though, I am sooo not ready to be a mom!

The topic ‘What would you do if…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors