(Closed) What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?

posted 9 years ago in Shoes
Post # 18
3358 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@ChampagneBlushWedding: I would just be considerate about the comfort level.  Have them try on the shoe first.  I know for myself Guess shoes absolutely don’t work for my feet.  They make me miserable.

If you want simple nude pumps, and not something more elaborate, it might not be worth it to dictate one specific shoe.  If you just say nude, pump with such and such a toe, I bet you they could all go out and pretty much get the same shoe.  You would just have to specify the shade of nude, (ie. warm or cool).

Post # 20
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think the cost is totally fine since you paid for the dresses.  But, do all of your ladies wear heels?  I wear heels that high, but not all of my BMs do…. so might be something to think about.  You don’t want anyone twisting an ankle on the walk down the aisle!

Post # 21
2886 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  Well at least they are neutral. I don’t own a pair, so I wouldn’t wear them 🙂

Post # 22
530 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  Im like you here, 69.99 sounds like alot for a shoe, i dont mornally spend alot on shoes, unless theyre boots, and they had to be absolutaly to die for. My wedding shoes arnt even going to cost that much. BUT if i was a bridesmaid, and the bride had paid for the dresses and asked me to buy my shoes then Id have no problem with it. even if the shoe was more expensif than that.

Post # 23
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Normally I would say that is too much since taste in shows is very personal there is still a good chance they will never wear them again.  But since you paid for the dress that is a different story.  Most bridesmaids have to shell out a lot more than that for a dress they’ll never wear again.  Since you saved them that cost I don’t see anything wrong with it.

ETA:  I would just show them all the shoe (in person or photo) just to make sure they’re all okay with the heel height.  After seeing that photo I can say that if they don’t wear heels often or are used to lower heels they might not be able to walk in those.

Post # 24
12275 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you paid for the dresses, I’d be perfectly fine buying $70 shoes.  If it’s not comfortable, at worse I wear them once for your wedding and donate them.  I mean, realistically, people only wear the bm dress which usually cost more than that just once, so the shoes are cheaper and still saves everyone money.

Post # 25
4173 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I would see your Nude Guess Peep Toe and raise you a Fendi Fendista….if your going to do it, do it right…but that’s just me, after all, I LOVE SHOES!

Post # 26
5636 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think it’s fine. I don’t consider $69 to be too much for shoes plus that shoe could easily be worn  again. Have you checked Zappos to see if that shoe is avil there? They are sometimes cheaper and have free shipping and returns.

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  

Post # 28
9895 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think that’s fine, especially since they’re shoes that could be worn again very easily!

Post # 30
3358 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  ok i’m changing my response after seeing the picture of those shoes.  Those look so uncomfortable. As a Bridesmaid or Best Man I would have no problem spending the money but I would have a major problem wearing those.  A lot of people don’t do well in platform shoes.

Post # 31
2567 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Pumps, sling backs, whatever, I wouldn’t wear nude shoes again, no matter the style.

The topic ‘What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors