(Closed) What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?

posted 9 years ago in Shoes
Post # 32
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I think it’s totally fine to ask them to buy the shoes. You’re paying for the dress and the shoes are neutral and could be worn again.

Post # 33
215 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

That’s more than I usually spend on a shoe, but if you paid for the dress and they knew they were spending about $50 on the shoes it’s not so bad. Plus they would probably wear them again.

If you get a lot of push back, you could also just ask them to find something in that style and purchase their own choice. I think the patent nude peep toe has to be common enough to find in anyone’s style and price range.

Post # 34
1222 posts
Bumble bee

I think those are totally cute!  Theyre definitely something that your bridesmaids can wear again… and if you already bought their dresses (very generous of you!) then I think the $69 price tag is good!

Post # 35
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

$69 is a lot of money, but since you paid for their dresses it wouldn’t be unreasonable to ask them to buy their shoes. If one has a problem, maybe offer to help or find a similar style that is less expensive. They can definitely wear those shoes again, or turn around and sell them.

Post # 36
138 posts
Blushing bee

well, they either pay for a $100-200+ bridesmaid dress that they may or may not ever wear again or $70 for shoes they may or may not ever wear again.  if i were one of your bridesmaids i’d say thats a bargain!

Post # 37
848 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  i wouldn’t have an issue paying, but i am so shoe sensitive I would prefer to be allowed to pick my own shoe with certain requirements. I was in a wedding where the bride told us the colour and general style of shoe and we all picked our own. Some girls had 4+ inches, one had flats etc but they still coordinated and looked great together

Post # 38
6263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Nona99:  i always see those at Nordstrom and Saks. I love them!

I wouldnt mind spending the $69 especially since you already bought the dress.

Post # 39
721 posts
Busy bee

If they like them, don’t have a problem walking in them, don’t mind paying for them…go for it.

Post # 40
4980 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Honestly I wouldn’t because as a person who can’t walk in heels with that height/skinny heel. I would fall and rebreak the ankle that has already been broken once. I wouldn’t have an issue with the price the heel on it yes. 

Post # 41
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Yeah, I agree with everyone else – you’ve paid for the dress, so asking them to buy $70 shoes is no big deal.  The dress undoubtedly cost way more and many brides ask their bridesmaids to purchase both a dress and shoes.

I also agree with @Meowkers:  about having your girls try on the shoes to make sure they’re comfortable for them, though.  Those shoes look like they hurt (I have picky feet – my tallest heels are 3″ and don’t get much time outside of my closet).  I would be fine paying the money, but I would not be happy about the pain I would have to endure all day.

Post # 42
373 posts
Helper bee

Since you’re picking up the tab with the dress and not asking them to do hair, makeup, etc. I think it’s fine that they pay for the shoes.  Worst case scenario, try to resell them on here/classifieds?  I do like the Guess pumps and don’t think $70 is too much (although I prefer the pair that Nona posted and would wear those again for sure 😉 ). 

Post # 43
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@fishbone:  Is that what most people do with bm dresses?! That’s what I did anyway!

I think that’s a bargain! You’d pay at least double for guess shoes here. 

View original reply
@Nona99:  Love your choice. Keep em coming! 

Post # 44
2969 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Since they haven’t paid for anything else I don’t think it’s too much to ask. However, you know your bridesmaids’ financial situations better than we do, so if you think it may be a burden on someone then you should help them out. I probably couldn’t afford to be a bridesmaid in someone’s wedding at this point in my life if it required buying things, so $69.99 to me is definitley expensive. But if I did have a better financial situation (a few years old, husband established in his career) and you had already paid for everything else, then I wouldn’t think $69.99 was too much at all. 

Post # 45
8067 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Since they aren’t paying for anything else, I would pay for them if I was your Bridesmaid or Best Man.  I’d just make sure they are ok with the heel height.  I think I would be 6’5″ in those heels and would fall over…haha.

Post # 46
759 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I don’t wear heels,but I think that your offer to pay for half of the shoes would be a nice gesture.

The topic ‘What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors