(Closed) What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?

posted 9 years ago in Shoes
Post # 47
13561 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I’d be okay paying for $70 shoes if I hadn’t had to pay for a dress (how generous of you, by the way!).

Post # 48
13561 posts
Honey Beekeeper

View original reply
@kes18:  Oh my gosh, that’s what I was thinking! I’m tall as it is!

Post # 49
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

The price sounds fine to me, but I’d be worried about being forced to buy a specific shoe.  I don’t wear heels that high, and have hard to fit feet (Guess doesn’t even make my size, so I’d have to wear a size too big).  It may be better to give people guidelines – nude, sling back, etc – and then let them find a version that works for them. 

Post # 50
2296 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

because all the girls might not find them comfortable (too wide/narrow/high/wierd arch/whatever) i would simply ask them to find a pair of nude heels that are comfortable for them.

then they can pick anything in their price range/height range etc. also – not all nudes flatter everyone! i’ve had ‘nude’ shoes that look wierdly peach on me or ones that seem yellow. having them choose is the safest option i think.

Post # 51
2360 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

Me, personally, Id HAPPILY buy those shoes! Ive been wanting nude shoes for a long time now, and since they arent paying for dresses and are for shoes instead, I think its fine! I do agree with some PP’s, it would be nice if you could make sure your girls are at least comfortable, but really its not bad!!!

Post # 52
4192 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I would much rather pay $70 for a pair of shoes I *might* not wear again, than $200 for a dress I *know* I won’t wear again. 🙂

Post # 54
Hostess
8570 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
@RoyalLime:  I agree with this “ALOT of money for something they might not even use again, but since you are buying their dress, it is probably okay”.

Post # 55
9071 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’d laugh. 70 bucks for shoes I’m not fond of and would never wear again?

Post # 56
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I wouldn’t have a problem with the price, but I would with the shoes. There is not a chance in hell I’d be able to walk in those. If I was your bridesmaid and you were set on those shoes, I’d probably have to bow out because I wouldn’t be able to walk down the aisle.

Post # 57
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’d say $70 is not bad because:

1. you paid for the dresses

2. they are nude so they could easily be worn again if the BMs like them

3. $70 is not super expensive but not super cheap so the shoes should be comfortable for at least one night!

I agree have them try the shoes on before deciding on it though!

Post # 58
3172 posts
Sugar bee

I wouldn’t want to pay for them if I were a bridesmaid. Why don’t you just tell them to go buy nude pumps? Some can go to Payless and others can go to Jimmy Choo.

Post # 59
7973 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

I agree with PPs…

I am paying for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses etc. As is common in the UK, if you require everyone to wear the same item, whether it is a dress or shoes etc etc, you pay. If you are less fussy, they pay.

With this in mind, I have asked my BMs to pay for their own shoes, and I will also ask them to pay for their perfect shade of red lipstick to complment the dresses. So I don’t think it’s so much money…

BUT… I am very reluctant to ask people to wear the same shoes. I have terrible trouble with my feet, and 99% of shoes are an absolute no-no for me. Therefore, I don’t think it’s right to ask people to wear the same shoes, because it is so important for shoes to fit you perfectly.

Thewrefore, my only concern is whether or not you have borne your BMs concerns about comfort and fit in mind. Do you really think that one pair of shoes will be comfortable on all pairs of feet? Because this is the main issue you must consider!

Post # 60
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  I wouldn’t mind spending $70 on shoes…if I could wear them again (which these totes would qualify!).  I was annoyed when my friend picked out $300 of dresses, shoes and sashes for us to buy individually at David’s Bridal and the shoes were purple & not my style at allll.  At least you’re considerate & I don’t think asking them to purchase the shoes is too much to ask 🙂

Post # 61
2957 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

It IS a chunk of money, but if my dress was paid for, I would suck it up and pay. In reality, I am totally incapable of wearing hgh heels so I would have to say no to those shoes.

The topic ‘What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors