(Closed) What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?

posted 9 years ago in Shoes
Post # 62
Hostess
2997 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

i think it’s ok if this is their only cost and nude shoes can be worn again…but then I’m thinking if they are jsut nude shoes can’t they just get a pair of nude shoes on their own so that they can make them as expensive or cheap as they want? nude shoes are nude shoes….right??

Post # 63
8434 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@mjoyelle:  +1, I have a wide foot (sz 5.5) and stuffing my feet into a pair of ill fitting shoes sounds miserable.  I’d rather pay for the dress and get to pick my own shoes.

Post # 64
1143 posts
Bumble bee

I’d say since you paid for their dresses they could pay for the shoes you want. Being a bridesmaid you realize you’re going to incrue some costs. Also I see it as who doesn’t need a pair of nude pumps?

Post # 65
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would be more concerned with the HEIGHT of those shoes! I mean, it’s become a pretty common practice for bridesmaids to have to buy an ugly, expensive dress, but at least dresses can be comfortable. I just couldn’t handle those 3+ inch heels!

Post # 66
2115 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

you are paying for the dress so dont even worry about it. im really short on cash and am having my BM’s pay for their dress and their shoes so as long as you give them enough time to come up with the cash then go for it,

Post # 67
Hostess
11161 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@Nona99:  I like the way you think lady!

Honestly $69.00 for a pair of nude heels isn’t ridiculous considering most women can wear them again. I would be fine with that as a Bridesmaid or Best Man.

I had to pay $25.00 for the ugliest and most uncomfortable pair of MUSTARD YELLOW shoes with a small whimpy heel. That was a good waste of $25.00!

Post # 68
802 posts
Busy bee

agree with many PPs here, considering you paid for the bridesmaids dresses, I think you’re well within reason to ask that they purchase their own shoes. But everyone has different opinions on shoes, so perhaps you should show them the shoe you like and say “this is the look I’d like” and leave it up to them. They can decide to get the shoes in the price range they are comfortable in, or they can discuss one price that they are all comfortable paying on their own. And if some of them really can’t wear high heels, they can purchase the same look with a lower heel.

Post # 69
349 posts
Helper bee

I agree with previous posters; the potential problem is not the amount (very reasonable, since you paid for the dresses, IMO) but the extremely high heel.  My daughter was confronted with similar shoes as a bridesmaid last year and got the bride’s blessing to wear a beautiful jeweled sandal so that she was not taller than the groom in photos (at 5’10” she’s already eye to eye with the groom BEFORE the six-inch heels.)  Since she had a badly broken ankle a few years ago, there’s no way she could have walked in the shoe the bride preferred, especially in the sand at a beach wedding.  But we made sure her dress was hemmed at an appropriate length so her shoes didn’t show.  You cannot tell in photos that she is wearing anything different. 

The topic ‘What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors