Post # 1
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Yep, the title says it all. What wedding projects are you working on right now? I must be forgetting something. Maybe your ideas will remind me or someone else. 🙂
My current projects are:
1. Finish up my accessories for the wedding day and day-after photo shoot. I am waiting for sketches of my custom shrug for the wedding day and hunting for the perfect bracelet for our day-after shoot.
2. Mail my invites. My envelopes should be ready for pick-up from the calligrapher on Wednesday. I still need to cut the paper for the belly bands and get an entire invite package weighed at the post office to see how much postage I will need per envelope.
3. Order a pretty hanger from Etsy. I think I am going to do a fancy wire one with our wedding date.
4. Order personalized embroidered handkerchiefs for us, my parents, and our ceremony readers.
5. Actually ask our readers if they will be part of our ceremony. oops
Post # 3
So far this month
1). Got FH to apply for his passport- should be getting it in the mail pretty soon.
2). Got FH is wedding band yesterday! Wahoo!
3). Meet with our Pastor tomorrow night to confirm the cermony time and other details. May print off the invitations that night or wait until tomorrow morning.
4). Taking off from work the next day to print the invitations, assemble them and put them in the mail. . .FINALLY!
5). Call the florist the end of this week or early next week to finalize everything.
6). Get FH moving on getting his attire and groomsmens’s attire.
7). Prepare the programs for the wedding ceremony. Get a basic template set up and ready to be printed later on.
Post # 4
lol i need to ask our readers too!
other than that, i’m working on getting the candy bar bags & stickers, working on the ceremony program, finish addressing invites (need to get one weighed too so i can order postage!), work on bridesmaid hangers, choose bridesmaid accessories, look at getting hair pin & dress flower, make appointment with alterations lady, meet with rental companies/buy linens, choose my ring, and probably a million other things x_x
Post # 5
This is a great idea!
1. Pick up invitations from the printer and assemble them. Hopefully they’ll be in the mail by the end of the week!
2. Update our wedding website with hotel information and things to do.
3. Finalize details with the florist.
4. Do our pre-wedding engagement shoot with the photographer. SO nervous! It’s this Friday.
5. Yarn balls and paper flowers – trying to do a little bit each week.
6. Work on our first dance.
Post # 6
thanks for the kick in the ass, i got an invite weighed after work and just ordered my postage!
Post # 7
I’ve been working on a bunch of stuff but nothing is finished. :/
Designing the programs
Painting the cardbox
Looking at headpieces and jewelry
Trying to pick shoes
Working on I Spys, just need to order them
Ordering things for centerpieces
I need the rest of the supplies for my Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts and cake topper.
Ugh this feels like a lot!
Post # 8
so glad to see this post, totally feeling overwhelmed! Currently, this is my “hot list”:
1.) Anxiously waiting for my letterpressed invites to come in the mail
2.) Trim all info “booklets” that I designed and had flat printed (they’ll go in the invitation suite)
3.) Finish addressing all envelopes, weigh invites again ( just to be sure!), assemble and send out!
4.) Finalize all ceremony music selections
5.) Take 2nd engagement pictures this Sunday!
6.) Get menus, and postcards (for the guestbook) printed
7.) Get Fiance to ask his friend to be an Usher!! (taking forever!)
8.) Ask readers, and gift bearers to participate
9.) Finish website
10.) Buy/ order gifts for parents, groomsmen and ceremony participants
11.) Fiance family needs to reserve rehearsal dinner
….scheesh, so much more. this is just the beginning.
Post # 9
1) Put the invites together. We weighed them and bought the stamps today!
2) Going to the florist tomorrow with Future Mother-In-Law, so have been getting my inspiration pics together today.
3) Shower gifts for my girls throwing the shower this weekend!
4) Need to work on our paper bridesmaids’ bouquets!
Post # 10
5) Also still planning the content of the rite of marriage. Really cool stuff.
6) Need to call the ceremony musicians to discuss our selections!
7) Rescheduling our bakery meeting for this Friday to talk about cake/ cupcake design!
Post # 12
You are on the ball ladies! For August it’s all about the little things and double checking the larger things.
1. Decor: I held a crafting party with some of my gfs. We knocked out the majority of my pinwheels, which will be used as escort cards, aisle decorations, and reception decorations. But I need to finish.
2. Guest Book: Using a Martha Stewart template for a mad lib style guest book…basically I have to hit print and then use a paper cutter. 10 min max. I am all about keeping it simple.
3. Invitations: As soon as they come in I am arranging, stuffing, and mailing.
4. Patiently await my dress arrival…apparently the shop closes the first two weeks of August for vacation and that is when my dress arrives, so I will not get it until mid-August. In the back of my head I am worried it will be the wrong dress. I just want to settle that voice. On the upside, all bridesmaids, groom, and groomsmen have their attire.
5. Confirm everything.
Post # 13
This weekend I need to
finish the invites, address them, and send them out next week
finish all my napkin rings (40 to go)
stamp all my popcorn bags and out of town bags
make my clay mustaches and lips on sticks
make my thank you sign
I would be thrilled if I could get all that done in 3 days (FI will be off on his bach party weekend)
Post # 14
wow, there is so much I need to do, but none of it seems “urgent” so it’s so hard to motivate me! Hopefully I’ll be able to get a lot of this done this week and next:
– work on ceremony/program/music/readings
-finish buying things for BM’s bags
-start assembling/addressing invites (we get them Aug. 5, goal is to send them Aug. 18)
-maybe go to a craft store and figure out how to put sparkly “i do”‘s on the bottom of my shoes
-finalize meeting date with florist (I think I just did that! yay!)
-decide what I want to do for a card box, and maybe make it.
-buy wedding bands
-maybe continue working on table numbers and print them (FI isn’t sure he likes my idea. I think I need to wait on that…)
I keep reminding myself, that even though I have like 90 days left, why WOULDN’T I do every possible thing in advance that I can?! I’m such a procrastinator! This is one thing that I reallly should NOT procrastinate on!
Post # 15
so many little things to do! the next 2 weeks i’m planning on:
1. Sending out invitations (99% ready, just need outer stamps!)
2. Finalizing song for first dance – have a few contenders.
3. Find gifts for bridesmaids
4. Finalize photo guest book and table number signs.
5. Get FI’s attire and his groomsmen’s attire ordered (not my responsibility of course)
6. Start thinking about ceremony and vows – i think it’s still too early for me to work on this though…i’d like to wait until it’s a little closer.
7. Find a place to get my wedding ring engraved. I have no idea how to go about doing this!
8. Update website with transportation and hotel info – must do this before i send the invites.
Wow, sounds like a lot, and that’s only the stuff on the list for the next 2 weeks! damn…
Post # 16
Honestly? I’m working on breathing. I’m starting to panic for various reasons, esp since right now we can’t find a rehearsal time/date that works for our officiant and us and the venue, so that’s the big one.
Invites will be printed this week, so that will be next. In the middle of that, working on DIY projects and ordering things I’ve had my eye on, but hadn’t pressed “add to cart” yet 🙂
Oh, and I totally changed what I wanted for shoes, so I spend every other day checking Zappos. Finding peep-toe open-back red kitten heels is harder than it should be.
And tonight I find out if the seamstress recommended to me can make my dress into a sweetheart neckline.
That’s just the things on my mind at the moment!