Post # 1
My Friday vent 🙂
I swear, I have had the worst luck with customer service lately.
(1) We drop off my e-ring to have a custom wedding band made a very well known and respected jeweler. They quoted be 3 weeks and $2500 but said they’d call to confirm the price. We didn’t hear from them fro 3 weeks, call and leave a message. The return the call to let us know it’ll be another week – nothing was said about price. It has bee another week with no word from them! Fiance has called and left a message and it hasn’t been returned. UGH – I just want my ering back and at least them to communicate about my wedding band. We have plenty of time- but can you at least provide some service and let us know?!
(2) Both a potential photog and videographer said they would email us links to complete profiles (so we can get a feel about what all the photos will look like not just their select few on the webiste) neither provided within 48 hours until we asked.
(3) While trying to block hotels at a beautiful spot – their lady fails to follow-up, misunderstood me several times (even though I was crystal clear) and blamed it on me. And the hotel has in the contract if I block a certain # of rooms and decide I don’t need them all – even 3 months from the wedding and I release them back to the hotel AND they are able to re-rent them I AM STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING FOR THOSE ROOMS. So in essence, they make a huge profit oh the rooms.
Ugh – well guess I will have to go with other vendors who know what customer service is.
Sorry, that’s my vent. Any other terrible customer service stories?
Post # 3
@MrsFortuNate: cant do much about the first two since theyre small businesses. you’re kinda stuck with them, all or nothing–but with the last one, email their corporate office.
whenever i get bad customer service i ALWAYS email corporate and the place where i got bad service. if you dont tell someone, theyll keep doing it. i also email when i get amazing service that’s above and beyond.
im a total advocate. 🙂
let me think…………worst customer service:
i will forever hate sprint because on their end they didnt flip a switch and i didnt have cell service for two weeks. i called the customer service lady and after an hour of waiting and talking and being put on hold and talking and talking and blaming me and being rude—she hung up on me. so i called back and thankfully the new guy i talked to looked in my account file and the woman who had just “helped” me was logged in so i got her name and sent off a lovely letter to corporate, and got free cell service for six months. but ill still forever hate sprinnt.
Post # 4
I’m in Southern Alabama and I have never had customer service like I do down here:
1) My eyelash extensions give me an allergic reaction so, after going to the ER the night before, I go back to the salon to have the removed. They offer me no refund and, when I ask, she says, “Well it wasn’t the glue, but the tint that made you break out so we’ll refund you for the tint.” WTF??
2) Different Salon -They botch my hair, bad. I tell them I want a refund and they tell that they will “fix it” next time. I tell them at there will be no next time. They give me 1/2 back because “I still got a haircut.” Again, WTF???
3) Several bridal salons would not let me in because my wedding was too close and they didn’t have anything in my size. Like, couldn’t get past the lobby.
Post # 5
I work in customer service/sales, so I see both sides of it. Sometimes I think customer service is dead… but then when I’m at work I think the customers are stupider and ruder than ever.
There are some sneaky customers, too, who just want everything for free. Every once in a while we have a customer who calls to complain about their order. Usually we will send some free merchandize to make up for it. Well a couple of them it turned out were calling back EVERY TIME they placed an order (like every two weeks) to get free stuff! We started marking accounts whenever we had a call like that and stopped being nice and just sending the stuff out.
This is expecially the case with subjective things like hair dos- the girl spent 20 minutes cutting hair and it could look fine but if the customer wants a free cut they can just wait until the end and then say”oh but I hate it! This is not what I wanted!” not have to pay and just go on their merry way perfectly happy with their hair. Sounds crazy but there are a lot of people who do this! That’s why they offer to have you “come back and we’ll fix it for free” because if you secretly like it of course you won’t come back to have them change it. There are people who go the whole year without paying full price for hair cuts because they just go to different salons doing the same trick.
Most people wouldn’t be that crafty but the couple of bad apples ruin it for everyone. 🙁