- 7 years ago
- Wedding: March 2010
I saw a few posts today on diaper bags, so I thought I’d offer my two cents.
My daughter is 4 months old. (And yes, the time flies!) When I was looking for a diaper bag, they all seemed very small to me, no larger than an average-sized handbag. I knew I didn’t want to carry a handbag with me in addition to a diaper bag, so I ended up buying the Skip Hop Diaper Duo. It’s designed for twins and it’s a big bag, but I’ve found it’s incredibly useful.
Hopefully divulging the contents of my diaper bag will help soon-to-be moms in their diaper bag shopping. Sure, you want a stylish bag, but you need to make sure you have plenty of room. Also, keep this in mind: I’m breastfeeding exclusively. If you plan on pumping or using formula, you’re going to need even more space. And I use disposable diapers and wipes, so if you plan on using cloth diapers, you’ll need even MORE space.
- Diapers (usually 10, just in case)
- Small plastic bags for disposing the above (I try to be eco and only use these when necessary; I use produce bags from supermarket)
- Diaper cream (just in case, though I hardly ever use it)
- A complete spare outfit in case her clothes get soiled (usually a footed sleep-n-play)
- Plenty of burp cloths
- Plenty of bibs (baby is in drooly pre-teething phase)
- One or two small toys or a book in case she gets bored
- Nursing pads
- Light blanket for nursing in public
- A homemade play pad (so that baby doesn’t have to play directly on the floor anywhere)
- Ziploc bag with disinfecting wipes (just in case)
- Small bottle of hand sanitizer
- My stuff (wallet, phone, small cosmetics bag)
- A Ziploc full of nuts for me to snack on if I forget to eat (which almost never happens)
Any other moms have advice to share on diaper bag shopping?