Post # 1
I have things on my To Do list that I’m looking forward to and don’t mind having on there… but there are those few things that I just don’t want to do, don’t care about doing, or don’t want to even think about!
- Picking special dance songs and entrance songs (have the ceremony and father/daughter, nothing else)
- Figuring out how to do the lodgings payments; we reserved all the venue’s lodgings (for 35 people) and most is divided up into family, but I’m not wanting to figure out how the bridesmaids and groomsmen are going to pay us.
- Ordering wedding rings – I know!! SO BAD that I haven’t done them yet, but they’re such an important purchase we’re procrastinating because we’re overwhelmed
Post # 3
Calling everyone to follow up on those who didn’t RSVP – NOT looking forward to. And all the last minute meetings with everyone.
Post # 4
Paying all of the final payments for the vendors and everything. Ugh…
Post # 5
- Get a ceremony CD together.
- Figure out what song I’m walkimg to
- Figure out my grand entrance song.
- My bridal party entry song
- Attempt to figure out my transportation on the day of the wedding ( no money for a limo)
- Make trial hair appointment. ( i am iffy about when to have it)
- Make seating chart
- Make escort cards
- Find something old & borrowed.
- Make/ buy my garter. ( i really dont want to pay for one.. but im too stressed to add it to my DIY list)
Urg, This looks like so much to do! Wahh
Post # 6
@MrsRose: My thoughts exactly!
Post # 7
Painting all my vases ! not looking forward to that. and all the little tiny things to do
Post # 8
Most of the things on my to-do list aren’t too bad. The one I’m dreading the most (and will probably end up doing tomorrow) is getting together with Future Mother-In-Law to go over the menu for the rehearsal dinner.
I’m also not looking forward to making the seating chart. Part of me just whats to say “f*** it.”
Post # 9
@out4answers: I have to do a lot of that too! Trust me though, once you start gaining momentum, stuff will just fall off your list. I got more done in the past 3 weeks then I got done in the whole 2 1/2 years I’ve been engaged. lol
and you live super close to me, nice to see another Detroit bride on here 🙂
Post # 10
We don’t have much left to do but I am seriously not looking forward to the placecards. Ugh. Fi is doing the seating chart (and that’s the only reason we’re having one– I’d not touch that chore with a ten-foot pole) but someone’s going to have to put names on placecards… ugh… need wine…
Post # 11
@fishbone: have you looked in to getting those placecard kits that come with an online template? I didn’t buy mine, my friend had them left over from her wedding and gave them to me, but supposedly you just download a template from their website, print them out on your printer, and they just pop out of the sheets. I’m still dreading it too though haha
Happy cram time, date twin 🙂
Post # 12
I still haven’t sent the dj the announcements I want made or the list of songs for the ceremony.. I don’t really know which announcements I want made yet so I’m stalling for time via email lol. Oh! And I still need shoes and I hate most bridal shoes because the heels aren’t high enough, I’m 5’2″ I need my height!! Lol
Post # 14
getting my programs, escort cards, menus and table numbers printed in time! ahhhh
Post # 15
Not looking forward to stuffing my gown, dog, DIY items and honeymoon luggage into my car with my Fiance’ to drive 4 hours to our wedding site. Oy!
Post # 16
@Mrs.Beeloney: Woo! I havent seen any other close MI brides on here!! 🙂