Post # 47
Traditional Quebecois sugaring-off feast! Family style! 🙂
Mountaineer’s Pea Soup
Farm-style Crusty Bread
Old-style Mashed Potatoes
Tourtière from Quebec’s Beauce Region
Québécois Maple-Smoked Ham
Wood-fired Baked Beans
Traditional Meatball Stew
Canadian Salted-back Bacon
Homemade Fruits Ketchup & Pickles
Pancakes with Maple Syrup
Post # 48
hi – can I ask how you do arancini as a passed item? They always fall apart on me but I would love to have these at my wedding.
Post # 49
Salad: Mixed field greens salad with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and pear with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Skin on Garlic Whipped Potatoes
Chicken Ballantine- roulade of chicken with roasted peppers and Asiago cheese served with Merlot sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli served with a red bell pepper cream sauce
Both with steamed mixed veggies on the side.
Beverages: Free ice tea, coffee, water, and punch. Full cash bar.
Dessert: The candy buffet and cake (4 kinds: carrot, all chocolate, white with strawberry mouse filling, and chocolate with strawberry mouse filling)
Post # 50
5 hour limited open bar to include…
- Octoberfest (FI’s favorite)
- Heineken Light (My favorite)
- One more option we haven’t determined yet
- Hard apple cider
- Carmel appletinis
- Champagne toast
Cocktail hour hor d’ourves:
- Cheeseburger sliders
- French fry cones with a “dip bar” (10-15 different dip options to choose from for the fries)
- Cheese and specialty bread display
- Veggie display
- First Course: Caesar Salad or Garden Salad
- Entree Choices: Sirloin Steak, Chicken Cordon Blue or Pasta Primavera (entrees served with asparagus, roasted red potatoes, hot rolls and garlic butter)
- Wedding Cake: Alternating tiers of vanilla and chocolate cake with canoli filling and buttercream frosting
- Grooms Cake: Junk Food Mountain (gourmet versions of the classic novelty desserts: twinkies, ho-hos, yodles, ring dings, etc. This will also include mini cinnamon buns and mini apple cider donuts).
- Fried bread dough
** If you sensed a theme with some of our selections thats because we are having a fall themed wedding.
Post # 51
We are having a Buffet Style dinner, by one of the best italian caterers around our area.
There will be an Antipasta station from the beginning of the reception up until dessert is served
Pineapple glazed ham
Cranberry Chicken stuffed with focaccia
Spring and Ceasar Salad
Dessert Table with all kinds of italian pastries-
Our Wedding Cake- 3 tier- Chocolate and Vanilla with a whipped raspberry filling, and Fondont icing. OMG it’s to die for, and dream about it all the time LOL! . For the guests, same kind of cake but with buttercream icing.
Post # 53
Sometimes I don’t understand people…
I have been to many weddings where they serve all the fancy schmancy food and little waiters bring champaigne and tid bits to chew on…. WHATEVER!!!
I can’t believe you are all paying these high prices for a serving of so-so food that is less that the size of a happy meal.
Get a grip you wives to be…. Do you think people care if you have asian honey glazed shrimp with a balsamic reduction sauce……..NOOOO they don’t.
I went to a wedding that had BBQ ribs and cole slaw , pizza and bread stix…. IT WAS THE BEST MENU EVER! and I have been in the “wedding” business for almost 20 years.
GO AHEAD…WASTE YOUR MONEY!
Post # 54
where in QC are you getting married? I am getting married in Montreal and haven’t seen any other bees from there!
Post # 55
Considering this is your first post, I’m gonna call troll. But that’s just me. Great menus ladies!