(Closed) What’s something you’d like to do before you’re 30/40/50?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
11392 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

My husband & I would both love to travel to Ireland, Greece & Africa to name our top three! Maybe our first will be on our 10 year dating anniversary, which is in 5 years.

Also before 30 I would love to have a baby. & Within the next two years buy a house!

Those are my big ones. Might not seem like much to others, but to me & my husband both it is. πŸ™‚

Your dream sounds amazing & sounds like you would be amazing at it! 

Post # 4
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Gardens of the World

I would like to have a baby and a PhD by 30, and to write two books before Im 40. Ha, that’s the dream anyway.

@MissFireFlower: Owning your own business is a great goal!

Post # 5
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I want to visit all 50 states by the time I’m 50.  I’m seconding Earrings’ “Baby and Ph.D. by thirty”, too.

Post # 6
3799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

By the time I’m 30 I want to be done with Grad School or whatever further education I choose. I would like us to be trying for a baby by then? Maybe already have one by then? Not entirely sure.

So yea…nothing real fun but I only have 5 years to do them! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Hmm… I’m pretty content and my next -0 birthday is less than three years away… but I guess I’ll say I’d love to go back to Europe before then. Probably won’t happen πŸ™‚ But I’ve been twice and would really love to take a trip there with my husband. 

Post # 8
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I already did mine last year: Climb Mt. Fuji before I’m 30.  Long story short, our summer vacation plans fell through early in 2010 and nothing else looked appealing.  Also, a friend I met while studying abroad there in college went back to teach english for a couple years, so I figured it was a good time to scratch my nostalgia-itch.

My now-husband took the opportunity while I was away to buy my engagement ring and ask my parents’ permission to propose. πŸ™‚

Post # 9
1346 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Id like to have had two babies by the time i am 30 (or at the very least one and one on the way) – I have 6 years to do this in so considering the high chance of twins in our family this is a good chance. And to have traveled to the UK to meet FH’s family over there (as they cant afford to come to the wedding)

Post # 10
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

well i am past the 30 mark and i was happy that i went skydiving and lived in California before i turned 30. and got engaged (initially i wanted  to be married with kids by age 30, but i went to graduate school instead).   Now before i am 40, i would definitely like to have kids, travel around Europe and Australia, live in New Zealand, have my PhD…and make one attempt at writing a novel (and for kicks submit it for publication and maybe be the next J.K Rowling/Stephenie Meyer). Oh and go to Thailand (been wanting to go there ever sinc the movie The Beach!)

Post # 11
2280 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Before 30: get published several times, have a few kids, continue my fitness practices to get in peak shape.

Before 40: travel around, build a house, possibly become a literary agent/editor

Before 50: More books, more traveling, buy & restore an historical summer home in Ireland, become a creative writing instructor of some kind.

Who knows what life will throw at us! It’s fun to dream. πŸ™‚

Post # 12
2759 posts
Sugar bee

I definitely want to have a child and a master’s degree by the time I’m 30. By the time I’m 40, I want to have at least one book published – hopefully more! And by the time I’m 50, I want to have traveled to at least 4 continents.

Post # 13
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m 22. Before 30: Attain my PhD and be published several times, run either a halfmarathon and/or do a mini-triathlon, move somewhere new, and figure out what my husband wants to do with his life. I don’t really view kids as a goal, but we will probably opt to have one or two when we’re settled post-PhD (so around 28). Before 40 is a continuation of all of my career establishment dreams for both my husband and myself, as well as begin to own and rent out properties (especially condos, which we plan to live in for a long long time). Before 50 I’d like to own a small restaurant (which I won’t run, just indulge in from time to time :)), head my own lab as a professor at a university, and throughout all of these years, I want to continue to travel our butts off!

Fun to dream πŸ™‚

Post # 14
14481 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Well, 30 has already come and gone but I had wanted to be married by 30.  I was a little off there.  But by 40 (actually more like 37) I want to have 2 children.  By 50 I would like my house paid off (that would be shaving 10 years off our 30 year mortgage).   By 50 I’d like to retire too, but I wont hold my breath for that one.

Post # 15
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m 24: By 30 I want to have lived in a state where it is warm and never snows. I also want to travel a lot more. Also I would like to be working in my desired industry of sports marketing / event management before I am 30. I think that’s all, oh and I would probably like to be engaged before I turn 30.

Post # 16
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@earrings: a baby (or 2) and a PhD by 30 sounds great to me too!

The topic ‘What’s something you’d like to do before you’re 30/40/50?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors