- 11 years ago
- Wedding: January 2016
i love this post. I am a make-up JUNKIE!
1. For your brushes, try coastalscents.com. Just as good as MAC but for 3 dollars a brush! Essentials are a foundation brush, a concealer brush, medium brow brush, a crease brush, angled eyeliner brush, blending brush (i like the pro fluff), highlighting brush for your eyeshadow below the brow bone, and a larger eyeshadow brush for packing on color. They also have the “camo quad” and “color corrector quad” which i LOVE for concealer. If you don’t know how to use color correctors, PM me and I’ll tell you. But it sounds like you’re going to need a green corrector to balance out redness. I’ve tried SO many concealers, including Benefit’s “erase paste” , none have compared to the coastal scents quads. Here’s the link for those: http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/category/140/camo-quads.cfm
2. Make up for ever primers and foundations (come in a variety of types. Try them out at the store). http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P217906&categoryId=S10853&shouldPaginate=true. Smashbox also makes a great primer.
3. “That gal” brightening primer by benefit. Love the glow it gives your skin (especially if you have whiter skin)!
4. Urban decay eyeshadow primer (a must have!!!!), also recommend purchasing a cheap concealer brush to apply this.
5. Any shadow will work well with the urban decay primer (i promise). So there is no need to buy an expensive one. The sephora shadows are fantastic and pretty inexpensive. Again, coastal scents has great eyeshadows and they are cheap.
6. A liquid eyeliner. Sephore brand should be fine. Make sure to get an angled brush to apply.
7. A make up setter (to make sure it stays perfect all day!). I do believe urban decay makes a spray.
8. If you don’t use a brightening primer, I recommend lightly setting your liquid foundation with a powdered mineral veil. Bare minerals makes one that I like.
9. Blushes- nars is great and you can never go wrong with Benefit. Also, if you want a cheap Walmart blush that works just as well, try the NYC blushes, highlighters, and bronzers. I love them even more than the sephora brands!
10.Mascara. The sephora lengthening mascara is great if you have short lashes or want the “fake” lashes look. Buxom is good. And “bad girl lash” (i believe its called) is also good. I also love “the falsies” (NOT waterproof) by maybelline. It’s become my fave. I’ve tried most of the mascaras because my Fiance got me the sampler set for x-mas.
If you have any other questions let me know! I love make-up! I’m planning on doing the same thing as you. Going on a $200 dollar make-up shopping spree and then doing my own.