Post # 137
What my Fiance wanted and I modified it in a more diginified manner:
1. A pig roast by his friends cooker. He would cook 2 whole pigs and half a cow. I found a professional cooker that can cook all parts of the pig and cow, serve it and clean it up. They also are giving a frie’s and potatoe chip bar, with your choice of toppings. They will also make and clean up the extra side dishes. Now I just need someone who can make a lasagna.
2. His buddy can DJ because he owns a computer, one speaker with one spotlight. I won with a real DJ and his beautiful lights.
3. Our get away car, still in progress, which he has also threatened not to marry me until it was done.
4. He want’s can beer. Because drinking keg beer makes him get drunk faster. That he is acutally getting.
5. His father had to wear a pink tux with ruffle shirt because he lost the bet that he was never getting married. Lucky for all of us, they don’t make a pink tux that you can rent.
6. Get married at a canoe camp on the river.
7. At the reception he and the groomsmen change into kahki’s and matching t-shirtss because its July and they will be hot. Umm, I’m wearing a big hot dress, so you get to suffer in a suit too.
I love his ideas some make sense, but they are better when I tweek them.
Post # 138
My Fiance is a redneck. He hunts, fishes, all that manly stuff. He came up with the idea of camo groomsmen vets/ties, then suggested the bridesmaids match. Another idea for a wedding color was that bright neon orange that hunters wear… (for some people this might be ok, but for me… no.)
The centerpieces would be leaves and tree branches and deer antlers. (no.)
One of his friends suggested instead of releasing doves, they release some clay pigeons or real birds to shoot at when we leave the church..
Post # 139
wanted to have a longhorn walking around the gounds. A LONGHORN?!? Seriously, someone could get hurt!!
Post # 140
My Fiance wanted me to enter the ceremony… like the processional… from the theme song from the Space Odyssey. Um, honey, no.
Post # 141
I want centerpieces with Jello in them and a stapler or calculator in the center. Like, really bad.
Post # 142
Oh gosh. He wanted to have the rehearsal at 10:30 a.m. on the wedding day and a rehearsal lunch directly afterwards, with the wedding to start at 4 p.m. His words “You’re a fast dresser, that should be okay, right?” Um… no…
Post # 143
My Fiance wanted :
Mario Wedding Invitations
Star Wars Lego Cake Topper
or Rauncy Kissing Couple Cake Topper
I vetoed all of them 🙂 and maybe a few other 3 or 4 ideas. He then proceeded to have a serious talk with me about how he’s worried our wedding will be too elegant and that he needs something fun and informal.
Fiance — > * Puppy eyes * “It’s just not who I am” *Puppy eyes*
Me –> “Fine we can have a peanut butter cake flavor”
😀 – ahh the joys of love
Post # 144
Haha, this thread is too funny! My fiance hasn’t really been involved in the planning process, but there was one funny thing he mentioned a few months ago. He said that he wanted to have a bouncy house so that he could bounce around and wrestle with his friends in it. Luckily he was joking 🙂
Post # 145
Ok, so I don’t know how many of you have seen the Captain E.O 3D show at Disneyland, it was there where Honey I shrunk the Audience usually is when we went last time (Time he proposed). So he thinks for the first dance that we should do that dance. I think he’s nuts and there is no way I’m doing it.
For those not familiar with it, it has Micheal Jackson… nuff said.
I love M.J but I’m not down with having that as the first dance. Although it would be great to see Fiance dancing like that! It’d make me second guess the decision not to hire a videographer.
Post # 146
We actually DID get married at Target Field and it was awesome!
Post # 147
My Fiance plays hockey, and suggested we get married at center ice on the rink where he plays.
He also thought this save the date that was posted on Digg was really cool:
And he wonders why I won’t let him design our Save the Dates all by himself.
Post # 148
well he wanted his groomsmen to wear those tuxedo T-SHIRTS with plaid bow ties… we are having the plaid bow ties but there is NO WAY I am going to look at tuxedo t shirts in our wedding pictures for the rest of forever… and there are other things but for some reason I cannot seem to remember them right now haha
Post # 149
This is a great thread!
Okay, my FH is not knowledgeable about weddings. It’s too funny.
He’s been obsessing about having a chocolate fountain (although he would have thought of that queso fountain if he dwelled on it). I told him that it really wouldn’t work for our summer wedding.
He casually mentioned a powder blue tux
He asked about what the restaurant offered for our wedding — I think he thought that we had to pay for the chairs and plates??? I was totally confused, so I had to explain everything.
We are doing the converse shoes or PF Flyers.
Random things he’s picky about like his tux — it had to be a two button tux jacket. He also said that he didn’t want stripped ties, but that paisely would be better. Really?? lol
There have been A LOT more, but I can’t remember at the moment. I’ll have to remember them as they come in the weeks ahead. 🙂
Post # 150
We’re thinking of hiring a pianist for the cocktail hour and he wants to “accidentally” hire a penis and just have a man in a giant penis costume at the wedding
Post # 151
And beer pong… I said sure if we can change it to Dom pong in Crystal glasses