What's the worse thing that happened to your food from eating out/to go?

posted 3 months ago in Food
Post # 3
Member
119 posts
Blushing bee

While travelling in Montreal, Quebec with my mother, she and I visited a delightful restaurant for brunch. I ordered pancakes and — one by one, as I poured the maple syrup, ants fell onto my pancakes. I remember responding “uuuh… mom?” The waiter saw my disgust, walked over (to check in) to find a significant number of ants on my plate and apologized profusely. It was certainly an unforgettable experience. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 5
Member
143 posts
Blushing bee

I found a caterpillar in my fried rice once. 

Post # 7
Member
4348 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

DoubleD :  I got a takeaway salad from a chain cafe once to eat for my lunch at work. it was given to me in a plastic takeaway container. when i opened it up to eat and put my fork in it it hit something hard and made a really loud dragging sound. it was a piece of glass about an inch long and very sharp and jagged!! I’m so glad I wasn’t my usual greedy self who shovels food into my mouth!!! 

like i get mistakes happen but what really pissed me off was that when i went to return it they said they don’t use clear glass anything so they don’t know how it got in there. they asked me if i left it out unopened at work for some time. I was pissed that they eve suggested that and tried to shift the blame to me. I was like NO, do i look like i have the physique of someone who takes the lid off food and leaves it for some time without devouring it?  I was like I open food and i eat it straight away, i don’t have th willpower to leave an open container of food opened and uneaten for more than a minute yell

Post # 8
Member
2418 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

An industrial sized staple was buried in my Taco Bell nachos. Obviously someone popped open a box and didn’t notice the staple had gone flying! 

Post # 9
Member
7684 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

DoubleD :  

I was once at a  wedding reception  many years ago and  the vol-au-vent I had put on my plate from the  buffet moved . No,   not of its own  accord but by  virtue of the maggots the filling incorporated . 

I have never eaten  a vol-au-vent or anything similar from a buffet since. It still makes me feel faint to remember . 

Post # 10
Member
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

I can’t deal with this thread!!! I love eating out! ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

Post # 11
Member
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2020 - City, State

elderbee :  by incorporated… you don’t mean they were *supposed* to be in there, do you? Although I feel that would be better than the alternative… uch, this gives me all the weird feels

Post # 12
Member
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

mrsaime :  Same! I am SO thankful I have never experienced this. OMG maggots at a wedding reception!!! Moldy avocado!!! I can’t.

Post # 14
Member
1069 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - City, State

I once got a sandwich from Jersey Mike’s, and as I took a bite of it I suddenly felt a REALLY painful stinging sensation on my lip.  My lip swelled up like crazy and was burning.  I looked down at my sandwich and there was a huge beetle-like bug in it that had bit me.  I…do not like sub sandwiches anymore.

Post # 15
Member
659 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

OMG this thread is making my skin crawl… and this is coming from someone who looks forward to sucking the heads of crawfish every year 

Leave a comment


Find Amazing Vendors