Post # 31
ssomething similar happened to me!!! I took my sister out for drinks and dessert several years ago, and we both ordered ice cream sundaes. There was something bizarrely hard in my first bite – at first I thought it was ice crystals, but it was glass!! It turns out they broke a dish in the kitchen and shards went flying everywhere!!! Rather than following the proper protocol of discarding everything, they still served the food that was ready. Ugh. I am so lucky I didn’t cut myself – or worse! They were not nearly apologetic enough. I contacted head office the next day (it was a chain) and they promised to look into it. They responded a few days later to say their staff would be retrained on kitchen and food safety. Will still never go back.
edit to add: in Canada (West Coast)
Post # 32
This thread is is skivving me out big-time. I might faint at the appearance of ants or maggots in my food. I can take a lot of scenes other people find disgusting, but BUGS? No way. I was baking at my mother’s house and needed flour. I went to get some and there were weevils in it. After I collected myself, I threw it all out – bag, container, flour, everything, out it went. My mother was of course mad at me for throwing out her flour container, but I was traumatized lol. Too bad, not sad. This happened 30+ years ago and to this day I have to sort through any flour I use.
Post # 33
- Wedding: September 2018 - City, State
– I was eating a plate of beans and rice while traveling abroad and found a HUGE, SHINY, SCARAB BEETLE in rice bowl. This was after I’d eaten, like, 2/3 of it.
– I have an opaque plastic water cup on my nightstand (think, like one of those souvenir cups from a sports stadium). I got home from a long trip, was tired, so my husband refilled the glass for me so I’d have something to drink … took a sip and got a big, moldy chunk. Of what? NO IDEA. We think it was a moth that died in the cup and started to rot in the weeks I was gone.