(Closed) What's your biggest life lesson of 2014…

posted 5 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 31
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I learned that you can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped. I learned that you have to be very careful with people around you because once you achieve more than they do, some may become opportunists. I learned that my Darling Husband is my best friend and he has my back whatever I do. I learned that carreer isn’t everything.. actually I learned that it’s the least important thing for me in this moment.

Post # 32
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

this year I have forced myself to try and let things go that are out of my control. I get anxiety about things and it doesn’t help the situation any. So I have learned to let go and let god. He knows what’s right. 

Post # 33
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

MeandMyLouboutins:  I learned that you don’t really understand what love is until you have a child. You also don’t understand the concept of time. 

we were blessed with our daughter in January of this Year. I have never loved a soul so much in my life. She amazes me every day. I feel like time has just slipped away and it doesn’t even seem real or possible that she will very shortly be turning one. My mind is blown in all the right ways it should be. 

I didn’t really lose or gain relationships over the year. But, my fiance and I have worked on bettering our relationship and that’s been a long rewarding journey. 

Post # 34
5954 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

FutureDrAtkins:  Omg, I know someone who found a dead BAT in her boots after she’d been wearing them from half an hour! Seriously good advice!

Post # 35
677 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - SPRING VALLEY COUNTRY CLUB

2014 has been a great year for me. I learned a lot about myself.

I have learned that Every situation doesn’t require a reaction from me. I don’t need to say anything, I don’t need to give anything to most situations.

I have also learned to really appericate my Darling Husband more. He does a lot for me and for our family and while i complain, I really need to just be greatful for the man that he is and the life that we have.

Post # 36
288 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

MeandMyLouboutins:  “Don’t give up what you want most for what you want right now.”

Since being on forums (Wedding Wire,The Knot and Wedding Bee) I learned:

“You don’t have to attend every argument you’re invited to.”

Post # 37
2022 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

This is a great thread, loved reading what other ladies have brought into focus.

This year has been a rollercoaster. I’m a huge traveler and I went on three amazing vacations. So those were the high points for sure. I’ve been going to school full time this year in order to graduate with my bachelors in May 2015. School has been incredibly challenging while working full time and I scheduled myself in the beginning of the year with no idea what the rest of the year had in store for me.

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in September just a couple weeks before her 50th bday. While she was in surgery to have a lumpectomy done I was in a car accident in Iceland. Just a ridiculous time and I had to keep it a secret because I didn’t want my family stressing and we weren’t going to be home for another week. My mom should be through with chemo by Feb but then she starts radiation and she’s got that for 4-6 weeks before shes through this hump in her life.

I’d say what I took away from this year was: Time is not unlimited and spending it with your family should be a priority. It’s important to focus on long term when the day to day gets rough. Things will get better and I’m praying for everyone to have a better and healthier 2015.

Post # 38
Hostess
9689 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

RedHeadKel:  OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. That is NUTS. See, good advice. Ladies, always check your boots!

Post # 39
1624 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve learned (and apparently need to keep learning ) that it’s often more important to be kind than right. This is especially helpful with dealing with my in-laws

Post # 40
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I learned the lesson of gratitude.

Gratitude for all of the things that are right and lovely and joyful in my life. And gratitude for the sad bits, the challenges, and the frustrations, as well. Gratitude for the people that love me unconditionally, and gratitude for those who make me want to cry or scream – more likely than not because they are mirroring to me a trait or behavior that I need to deal with in my own self. Gratitude that I get this chance to live this life and, in so doing, take the lessons that are presented to me and from them follow a path of discovery and growth.

Less and less often am I taking the things I want in my life for granted and cursing the things that I don’t. I learned that when I come from a place of gratitude, I become more graceful, and can more easily honor both myself and my relationship with others. It feels wonderful.

Thank you for this thread MeandMyLouboutins: – and thank you, Bees for this community. I wish you all a 2015 filled with your own discovery and joy!

Post # 41
3586 posts
Sugar bee

Speak your mind and don’t let people walk all over you. I was very shy when i was young now i just dont care what people think.

oh probably that i am always right even when im not lol 

Post # 42
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

MeandMyLouboutins:  I learnt that sometimes life forces you to just let go of the way things used to be. We lost my mom last year and things have changed so much for my family and I hate it. But I have come to realize that it is out of my control and that I can only focus on my new family (My fiance & I).

Post # 43
1497 posts
Bumble bee

People never change. They can lie to your face and say they have, but I should always trust my gut . 

Post # 44
4521 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve learned that I can be the “strong” one in the marriage when I need to be. Right now, I am the sole breadwinner, and I’m coping with medical & fertility issues and DH’s depression. I’m still smiling and going strong because I have good friends who have my back and a good husband who is worth it all.

I’ve learned that sometimes slow changes are good. I have a habit of making the change as soon as I decide on it (not impulsive, exactly, just decisive). It’s okay to take your time…even if it feels like it will never happen.

Post # 45
1210 posts
Bumble bee

I never thought marriage would be easy, but I also didn’t think there would be so many challenging moments. For me, the lesson I have learned, was to try to show love at the very moments my husband was acting “unloveable”. He does the same for me.

It has helped us through so many arguments and to really learn to trust and lean on the other person. Its not easy, and it always requires you to be the bigger person. We both are stubborn, so its been difficult, but we try our best!

The topic ‘What's your biggest life lesson of 2014…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors