Post # 1
I know how to make the basics, but am by no means a chef. I’d love to hear your favorite recipes, so I can challenge myself and learn how to cook (and most importantly, EAT) some fun new stuff! So, Bees, let me have it!
Post # 3
ohh I love this post!! I love new recipes even though Im super picky!! I have tons of great tried and trues!!
My favorite is Cajon Chicken Pasta… Its my staple when hosting guests…
Sprinkle boneless chicken breasts chunks with cajun seasoning
Pan fry until done (I dont use olive oil but if you like cook up meat with it, by all means makes no difference either way… Set chick aside when done
In the same pan sautee onions, green and red peppers and other veggies you like until soft.. if you like super spicy add more cajun seasoning…
Add 1-2 cans of V8 juice depending on the amount of sauce you like… let it cook down for 5 minutes or so… the more it cooks down the thick it will be..
add chicken… serve over linquini
Enjoy… let me know how you like it… I change it up all the time add things change things alter the amount of sauce I make it with… do the same make it your own.. happy cooking!
Post # 4
Mine is white pizza
Use a pre-prepared crust if in a hurry or make your own (I mix up the dough in my bread machine)
Coat crust with garlic oil
Layer on minced garlic (jarred is fine)
Sprinkle with basil
Sprinkle on feta cheese
Layer on shredded Italian Cheese Mix
Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning spice Mix
Add toppings if desired (I like slced tomatoes and mushrooms)
Bake in 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubblely
Post # 5
My favorite, and easiest!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
– 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
– jar of salsa (I like chipotle garlic the best)
– can of black beans
– sour cream (optional)
Put chicken in crockpot, pour in salsa and beans. Cook on low for 6+ hours. Shred chicken and stir in sour cream. Add to burritos/tacos/enchiladas.
I leave out the sour cream (the husband puts it on top) and top it with cilantro and monterey jack cheese.
Post # 6
My bf looooves the shepherd’s pie that I make. It is SO easy but he loves it anyway:
1 lb of lean ground chicken
2 cups frozen veggies (carrots, peas, corn & beans)
4 large potatos
i large onion
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
*preheat oven to 400 F.
1) Put on a pot of water; peel the potatoes, cut them into quarters and once the water’s boiling, add them, allowing them to cook for about 20 mins (until tender).
2) chop the onion and sautee it on med heat with half of the butter, until they are limp and kinda see-through
3) add the chicken to the onion and cook until it’s not pink anymore
4) once the chicken’s cooked, add the veggies and cook for another 5-6 mins.
5) Add the Heinz 57 sauce and mix it in with the chicken & veggies
6) Mash the potatoes with a few tablespoons of butter
7) Add the chicken mixture to a pyrex dish and layer the potato on top of it.
8) Put the pie into the oven and bake for 30 mins.
And you’re done!
Post # 7
Korean Ribs: Kalbi
I posted this link so you could see the cut of meat you need to buy at the grocery store. My recipe is also a lot easier and tastes freakin’ delicious! You can pan-fry or broil these, but I think they taste best on the grill.
Make a marinade of dark soy sauce, sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds, chopped garlic, sliced green onion, sugar, ginger, black pepper. Marinate for 1/2 a day (overnight will make it too salty) and then grill. Sorry I don’t have any measurements for you because I do everything by sight, just like my mom used to!
Post # 8
These sound so good! Keep them coming!
Post # 9
ooh i need soooo much help in this department, neither Fiance or I cook, but at least I am trying to feed us so we dont have to eat out all the time. keep em coming! =D
Post # 10
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup marg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
Cream. When mixed, add
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla.
1/2 tsp each:
When combined, add
1 cup flour. Mix well and then add
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup chocolate chips.
When mixed, bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Will be gooey in the middle when they come out of the oven, for soft cookies let set five minutes before putting onto cooling racks.
Post # 11
It’s so hard to pick just one, but this recipe is always a crowd pleaser & SUPER easy.
Lasagna in a skillet:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Approx 8 lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup mozzerella cheese (I like to use more, but I’m such a cheese head)
- Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Cook hamburger meat, drain & return to skillet
- If you choose to use garlic, stir it into meat and let it cook about 45 sec
- Add broken noodles, jar of sauce & 2 cups of water
- Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as necessary to maintain a vigorous simmer, until noodles are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Turn off oven, stir in half mozz & parm cheeses
- Throw heaping tablespoons of ricotta over noodles, and sprinkle remaining mozz & parm cheeses
- Let stand for about 2-3 minutes to let cheeses melt
I love serving this w/ a salad & garlic bread.
Post # 12
These all look so good I can’t wait to try them!
Post # 14
One of my favorites is King Ranch Chicken:
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
1 cooked 2 1/2 pound fryer (cooked with cumin, onion, celery and garlic) shredded
10 corn tortillas
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of chicken broth
1 can of Ro-Tel tomatoes; drained
1 tsp. of chile powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine soups, broth, Ro-Tel tomatoes and chile powder; blend until smooth.
3. Place a layer of chicken in a greased casserole dish.
4. Add layers of tortillas, onion, bell peppers, cheese and sauce.
5. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for half an hour or until brown and bubbling.
Here is the link:
She has a ton of good stuff!
Post # 15
We love this one! It’s easy to prep, just takes time to cook because of the chicken.
Italiano Chicken and Rice Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
1 can – Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1 soup can – Milk
3/4 cup – Uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1 tsp – Italian Seasoning, crushed (optional)
2 cups – Vegetable mixture – (diced canned tomato, sliced zucchini, and mushrooms)
4 – Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb/500 g)
1/3 cup – Grated parmesan cheese (or any cheese works)
Mix soup, milk, rice, and italian seasoning in shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish. Spead evenly with vegetables.
Top with chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and additional italian seasoning, if desired. Cover.
Bake at 400 F (200 C) until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender (about an hour to cook fully). Remove lid and broil until cheese is golden – about 3 minutes. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.
Post # 16
^^^^^^One more thing about the recipe above ^^^^^^
For the vegetables, I just use a small can of diced tomatoes, a small zucchini sliced, and then I slice enough mushrooms to make one layer in the caserole dish.