(Closed) What’s your favorite Traditional Mexican dish?

posted 10 years ago in Food
  • poll: What do you recommend for Mexican buffet for dress rehearsal after party?
    ceviche : (8 votes)
    6 %
    tacos - fish, carnitas, carne asada, chicken, or pastor : (47 votes)
    35 %
    vegetarian option - tbd : (6 votes)
    5 %
    tamales : (18 votes)
    14 %
    quesadillas : (27 votes)
    20 %
    chile relleno : (8 votes)
    6 %
    chicken mole : (8 votes)
    6 %
    burritos? : (11 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 16
    5493 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
    @sfchick:  the patio of the restaurant looks so cute.  what resturaunt is it?

Post # 17
    Hostess
    11050 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    @sfchick: Good idea to focus on chips and guacomole – another one of my favourites. By The Way the best mexican I had was when I visited a family friend in San Diego and had a Chicken burrito I think, it melted in the mouth, they’re a chain i’m sure but can’t remember the name. Really? – why do you think British weddings are better?

Post # 19
    4544 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Quesadillas!!!

Post # 20
    2819 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

Nom nom nom! I definitely vote tacos, tamales (drool!), quesadillas, and burritos (chicken!).

Post # 21
    198 posts
    Blushing bee

From your list, tacos… but I really, really love flautas.  That’s where my vote goes!  SO and I have just started trying out traditional Mexican restaurants in town and I haven’t met flautas that I don’t love.

Post # 22
    1077 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Would the tacos or burritos be made to order off the buffet, or would they be premade?  Pre-made, I don’t think they would hold up as well as some of the sauced dishes (enchiladas, rellenos) or tamales.  Tamales are easy eating for folks that don’t do a lot of Mexican/spicy and can be made veg easily.

Post # 23
    4354 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Not on the list but empanadas! Or enchiladas. Actually ALL OF IT!! MMMMMM

The topic ‘What’s your favorite Traditional Mexican dish?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors