- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
Starlit garden. 🙂
Starlit garden. 🙂
Our venue is at the beach and our ceremony may or may not be on the beach depending on weather so our theme is kinda set. I am torn over the idea of going 100% beach theme inside the venue or steering away from full blown beach tho. Can you have too much beach?!
We don’t really have an outright theme, but if we did it would be Simple Beauty. 🙂 We are going for simplicity and just a beautiful wedding. Therefore Simple Beauty!
My initial theme was Summer & Dusk… I really went for this more for the colors but never really questions what Summer & Dusk would really be about. So because I had no focus, I didn’t stick to the theme and the wedding was just based on the 4 colors of that theme palette. Oh yeah that palette morphed in the end, becoming more “mardi gras”.
Part of the problem was how to embed the theme into the reception venue, sort of gave up there! I thought that part was gonna cost loads of $$ and time.
Ours Save the dates were “Eat Drink & be Married” The wedding is old hollywood/casablanca glam. White Ostrich feathers black peacock. Atlantic city venue with palm trees. Black and white details. Girls wearing platinum. Guests dressing formal.
Our theme is garden dinner party. Our ceremony and reception are both in an outdoor garden space. Our colors are fuschia, blush, lavender and purple. We are going to have an abundence of flowers on the tables with candles. We are going to have long tables put together instead of rounds, so it feels like a dinner party. I think this will work well as we are planning on approx. 40 guests. I can’t wait to see it all come together!
Halloween! But I didn’t want to go overboard/make it look like I bought cheap plastic decoratiions, so I’m trying to have subtle hints. So far…
– Candy bar/Trick or Treat bar!
– Table numbers with a different Horror movie classic icon on each
– Photobooth with all halloween costume accessories
– Colours are eggplant, with black and gold mixed in
– We’re even thinking of providing tickets to a rural haunted house for the gap between the ceremony and reception 😀
We’re trying to get some halloween-ish type invitations, but everything looks too Halloween Party-ish, or too gothic!! So that’ll take some time…
Our theme is a robot garden. Not necessarily “steampunk,” but it leans toward that aesthetic… it’s like “Steampunk-Lite,” meets robots, meets post apocalyptic gardens lol
The Fiance is designing the invitations, which will have gold/bronze/silver robots/gears on them, along with some flowers/vines wrapped around them.
Our centerpieces will be soup cans that we’ve spray painted gold/bronze/silver, with a bunch of wildflowers in them
Also for the centerpieces, we’re making these votive holders: (http://www.taradennis.com/create/weddings/glass-votives.html)
We’ll have a candy bar, with twinkle lights wrapped around everything
Our cupcakes will have clock pieces decorated on them, and we’ll be having a cake topper along these lines: (http://www.etsy.com/listing/104506471/metallic-steampunk-robots-in-love?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=robot)
So it’s just kind of sprinkled here and there, I’m still working out the fine details but that’s the general idea 🙂
We replicated the Twilight wedding.
Bah, that’s bullshit. We really didn’t have a theme.
LOVE ROCKS is ours! We met at a venue I was working at and later joined the band. We were a punk-rock/ska group. He plays bass and I play trombone. It’s a formal punk rock dress code. Playing nothing but our favorite punk/psychobilly/ska songs. The grooms-dudes will skank down the aisle. I’ll walk down to Smoking Popes -Mrs. You and Me.
Our invites/stds are poster looking. We have our favorite punk rock/ska bands as out table names. We’re making vip passes for escort name cards. The cards our guest bring will go in my man’s bass case. Our cupcakes for our guests will have desings from few of our favorite bands logos. We’re having skulls on the groomsmen ties and skull necklaces for my gals. I can’t wait 🙂
Our theme is a nautical theme, as we are both sailors.
– our invitations featured an embossed sailboat, with the words “together forever” spelled out in nautical flags on the bottow
– 3 weeks ago I changed our colour scheme to match our yacht (Navy blue and silver)
– we are being married on the deck of a WW2 era ship
– we are arriving at our reception on our sailboat
– I have painted 6″ by 6″ tiles with nautical flags that spell out LOVE, as well as our first initials
– the groom will wear nautical flag cufflinks with his last initial
– I have made paper mache life rings to hang on the venue doors instead of floral wreaths
– our cake will have a nautical/wave motif
– our tables will be sprinked with blue and silver sailboat confetti
– we are being married by a retired naval officer
– our vows and ceremony will have nautical references
There might be more, but that’s all I can think of right now.
I was going for Gatsby/ art deco
The topic ‘What's your wedding "theme" and what have you incorporated?’ is closed to new replies.