Post # 1
Hello my wedding bee people lol. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend so far! I have a few questions for everyone!!
- When do i book the venue?
- What do i need to look for in a photographer and when do i book the photographer?
- What do i look for in the venue?
Whatever else will help! Thanks!
Post # 2
1. Depends on how busy and popular the place/venue you want to get married at is. Typically, it seems people need to book a year in advance to get the date and place they want. Even 2 years is not unheard of. For us, we booked about a year before the wedding (July) and we were already too late and there were no summer Saturdays left and we had to go with a Sunday.
2. Depends on how many and how picky you are. I didn’t end up booking until about 5-6 months, I think most people do about a year out also.
3. Whatever is important to you. For me, it was just price and look/feel of the venue.
Post # 3
We booked 13-14 months in advance. They didn’t have our original date so we had to compromise by booking 3 weeks before. We literally just kept going back, Saturday by Saturday.
I have a local photog I love, so while I was negotitating dates, I held her on stand by. Thank goodness she waited for me. I took care of my MUA at that time too, since they often work together. I chose her because of her beautiful work and great reviews. Our personal relationship is a bonus. I’ll never work with anyone else for any type of photo session, if I can help it.
I chose my venue due to location, it being on the beach, the packages they offer, how much work I’d have to do (my desire is as little as possible), and the sheer beauty of the place. I also had to have certain things included like the cigar roller, cognac bar, sushi roller and a few other things I didn’t want to pay for separately. Its all in what you want.