(Closed) When did you buy your wedding bands?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll:
    A couple months before the big day : (20 votes)
    51 %
    6 months before the big day : (9 votes)
    23 %
    1 year before the big day : (6 votes)
    15 %
    More than 1 year before the big day : (4 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 16
    1186 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: A very pretty church.

Bought ours last week, wedding is Dec 2015. Our expenses are fairly low at the moment, but I’d bet anything they will be massive closer to the date. Very happy to cross this one off the list, especially as my boy found ‘the one’ and ‘the one’ is platinum >.>

Post # 17
    1488 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

Our wedding is this coming October so we just started the custom process yesterday for our bands. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted- Fiance knew from day one!

Post # 18
    2037 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I ordered a plain band online two months ago. We bought FI’s ring then as well. My band didn’t match, so I returned it. From there, I actually tried on rings. I didn’t think it was that important, but I actually had a helpful guy who knew what would work best. I ordered a band online again last week, and the dimensions are just right. It’s also good that I returned the first ring since unexpected car repairs made the budget change.

Post # 19
    1790 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

We got ours six months prior. I wanted double bands and DH had to order his. When we noticed a pretty hefty sale came around, we took advantage. Plus I wanted to buy my bands when I knew they had two available.

Post # 21
    1308 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

We started making payments on mine about six months before and paid it off two months later.  We bought my FIs about two months ago, but won’t be recieving it until a few weeks before our wedding (fingers crossed!).

Post # 22
    18 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2014

We bought them a couple weeks after we decided to be married. 

Post # 23
    817 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

He got mine with my engagement ring. They were custom made, so he had a wedding band made to coordinate with the engagement ring.

We have just less than a year until the wedding and haven’t even went to look for his yet.

Post # 24
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

we just bought ours last month.  I went and bought mine at the jewellery store and he ordered his online a month back since it can take a little while for it to come in and we wanted it come in on time.

I would have bought mine sooner but I was still researching on what I wanted and I was still working on my budget for it too AND finding the best price.  I’m glad I didn’t buy it sooner.  I had a different style I wanted a year ago and I think I would have regretted it if I had bought it then.  I had to try a bunch on and really figure out what I wanted and now I am sooo in love with what I bought!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by lilwickedful.
    Post # 25
    314 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Two days before our wedding. It took us an hour total, and that included resizing his ring.

Post # 26
    909 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

Almost exactly 6 months before the wedding :-)! 

The topic ‘When did you buy your wedding bands?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors