(Closed) When did you get you E-ring & wedding band soddered together?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: When did you get your engagement ring and wedding band soddered together?
    right before the wedding : (3 votes)
    10 %
    right after the wedding : (3 votes)
    10 %
    rings are separate : (22 votes)
    76 %
    other : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    1927 posts
    Buzzing bee

The only reason its odd is because you would either have to wear both or neither up until the wedding.  So if you are comfortable with one of those options, go for it.

Post # 4
    721 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I have been wondering this too so I’m interested to see what other girls have to say.  I was planning to get them soldered together before the wedding and then wearing another ring on that finger until the wedding day.  My wedding ring is curved to fit around my e-ring so they really shouldn’t be worn apart.

Post # 5
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 1991

I’m currently not wearing any rings because I got both my e-ring and wedding band soldered together this past weekend.  I feel weird without anything on my finger, but I’m looking forward to being able to wear them both.  My FI has put them, along with his band, in a safe.  I did notice that the rings seemed to fit a smidge smaller after being soldered together.

Post # 6
    466 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I’m going to get mine soldered before the wedding.  I plan on wearing my great-grandmother’s engagment ring as a subsitute until the wedding day.  I can’t imagine being without a ring on that finger anymore!

Post # 7
    516 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I am not getting that done, I have never really hear of this?

Post # 8
    4547 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

@lilybay I’m doing the exact same thing as you! Getting them soddered together before the wedding and wearing my great grandmother’s engagement ring on my ring finger 🙂

Post # 9
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I didn’t get them soldered together but my mom’s are–they fit together like a puzzle. She got them soldered after her wedding, and i wanted to see if i wanted it or not (i’ve opted against it) but i’d probably just do it before, not wear it for the week leading up to the wedding, and wear the whole set on the day of

Post # 10
    Hostess
    14027 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

@Miss Peace: I’m not planning on doing it either, but some brides choose to do it to keep their rings together at all times because they plan to wear their rings together at all times (or at times, not at all). Basically, always worn as a “set.”

Post # 11
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 1991

I forgot to mention that I did get them soldered together because they fit like a puzzle. Without them being soldered, one of the rings spins around the finger constantly.  With a solitaire and a regular wedding band you most likely wouldn’t have to get them soldered because this wouldn’t be as much of an issue, I suppose.

The topic ‘When did you get you E-ring & wedding band soddered together?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors