5+ years : (9 votes)
    8 %
    never felt the itch! : (9 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 17
    9079 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

Never felt it. Not this relationship or the one before it.

Post # 18
    1348 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2019

I didn’t start to feel it until about year 2, but I wasn’t officially waiting until year 3. I was almost convinced he was going to propose on Valentine’s Day this year, but that turned out to be a necklace instead, haha.

We’ve been together for 4 years now, and he told me a few months ago that he planned to propose within the next year, but now I’m really not so sure. I feel like we need to have a talk about it to see where we are.

Post # 19
    1143 posts
    Bumble bee

I started to feel the itch after I graduated college and we were living together already at that point. Then we moved to a different place and got a dog & my two very best friends got engaged within months of each other.

Post # 20
    410 posts
    Helper bee

First time poster here! I have been creeping for far too long… 

I started to really feel the itch at 1.5 years. Our 2nd anniversary is in January and although I do not expect a proposal that day I expect it this year before our 3rd anniversary. I was in a 5 year relationship before this one and that one strung me along with no sign of an engagement. My SO knew when he met me there would be no waiting around past a couple years on my part and he himself set the timeline when we first started dating. I sure hope he remembers it 😛

Post # 21
    56 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I never felt the itch, maybe I’m just weird. Maybe I did feel it but I’m too silly to notice. Maybe it was a couple of days before he was actually going to propose that I got antsy and wanted to know the details. i think there’s more of an itch now that he’s done it…though its a little ways off I’m already overwhelmed with what I should be planning first. Thankfully my aunt is going to help.

Post # 22
    1979 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

The day of our 2 year anniversary! Hopefully it will happen before our 3 year anniversary!

Post # 23
    24 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2006

Felt the itch at 2 yrs, luckily by the end of that same year he proposed.

Post # 24
    1133 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Probably around the 3 year mark.  We’re now at 3.5 years, and he tells me as long as everything goes smoothly, we’ll be engaged in the first half of 2013.  I think in summer when he opened up a separate savings account literally just for the ring and future (he even named it after me haha), that’s when it hit.  Now everytime I see friends get engaged, I’m getting so antsy!

Post # 25
    619 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

We’ll be 7 years in March, and I think it was about 18 months ago that I started to get the itch… so 5.5 years?

My situation is different though, we got engaged after 9 months together, so I have the ring, just waiting for a date and a wedding!

The topic ‘When did you start to feel "the itch"’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors