(Closed) when do i do this??

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I would wait until after your wedding to solder your rings together and do the name change.

Post # 4
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Well I don’t know about the first two, but the marriage license varies from state to state.  Most states will have a rule like you can’t get it more that X days in advance, and you have to wait at least Y days between getting the license and actually getting married.  Call your county clerk’s office and find out for sure…

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Most of your name change stuff won’t be able to be completed, until after your wedding, so I would wait until you are married for that. Most of your name change stuff can be completed over the phone. You will have to go to the prospective offices for your driver’s license to social security card to change those.

If you want to get your rings soldered together before the wedding, you will need to contact your jeweler to see how much time they need for that.

You will need to check with the county to find out how far in advance you can apply for your marraige license. Where I live it is 60 days. We don’t have a waiting period.

The topic ‘when do i do this??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors