(Closed) when do you give your BM & MOH gifts?

posted 10 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I would recommend handing out the bridal party gifts (for the groomsmen too) at the rehearsal dinner, or else in the morning on your wedding day while you’re getting ready.

For Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts, I was going to buy cute tote bags for each girl and stuff it with some fun gifts for each girl – flip flop shoes, sunglasses, personalized notepads or journals with their name on it, lip glosses, magazines, stuff like that 🙂  I was sort of thinking of going with "a day at the beach" theme for the gift and packing the bag full of stuff they might like so you could throw in a beach towel, sunblock or something.  Or go with a different theme entirely, something each girl enjoys doing… it helped me pick out items that all "fit" with the theme quite easily though.

Post # 4
236 posts
Helper bee

You can give out the gifts at the rehersal dinner, the mornign of the wedding or another great time is at a bridesmaid luncheon.  You could have it the day before the wedding.  It’s great to go out and have some girl time with the girls or you can have them in and they can help sith some last minute details.  The weekend before is also a great time for a luncheon.

Post # 5
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2007

I ended up giving mine at the Rehearsal Dinner, however, the husband later complained that I made him look bad since he just gave his guys two things whereas my girls were busy opening gifts like it was Christmas.

Post # 6
230 posts
Helper bee

Don’t forget to take into consideration that if you’re getting them something FOR the wedding, you may want to give it to them a bit earlier than the morning of/day before. For example, I’m giving my bms wraps and jewelry for the wedding (that can of course be used after), so they might want to work that into their planning before the wedding.

Hm, on second thought, I guess it’s not a big deal since they can just swap out whatever jewelry they had planned on wearing that day… well, you know what i mean, right?

Post # 7
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

For my sister’s wedding, she gave us gorgeous pearl earrings and necklaces.  We were in her suite helping her get ready (really drinking wine and eating shortbread cookies) and finishing our hair and makeup a few hours before the wedding when she gave them to us.  We did just swap out whatever we were wearing right there. 

The topic ‘when do you give your BM & MOH gifts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors