(Closed) When should FI & groomsmen go to the tux shop to rent them?

posted 9 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I went in last weekend with my Fiance to pick everything out and my wedding is in March of 2011. I wanted to give the guys as much time as possible to put the funds together.

Post # 4
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Me & Fiance went to the tux shop about a month ago to choose what style we liked best, and him & the guys went to get fitted & put down a deposit last weekend. I’d say do it no later than 1 month before the wedding. But you have nothing to worry about yet! Maybe you should go looking around April/Mayish or that time frame. 🙂

Post # 6
2000 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh man you’re going to miss him 🙁 Oh yeah, you’ve got plenty of time. You could go now, or later. I guess while he’s still here, he could go anytime and the Groomsmen could go at their own leisure as long as it’s before June.

Post # 8
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Our wedding is in April which is usually around prom time. So I had the guys go before Christmas so that they were sure to get one before all the prom kiddos do.  Otherwise I think 2-3 months prior is fine.

Post # 9
2249 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

once you pick out the tuxes ask the shop how long is their last possible date to order, then add a month or two depending on how responsable the guys are!

Post # 10
2000 posts
Buzzing bee

You’re welcome girl! The first things that we did was find our wedding bands, get our photographer, find our venue, and get my wedding dress. A LOT of things are done about 3 months prior. I JUST got my florist a few weeks ago, got my linen rentals, tent rental, light rental, etc. So you’re ahead of the game!

Post # 12
66 posts
Worker bee

It’s never too early to go in and book your wedding– that is, tell them who’s in the wedding party and what you’d like everyone to wear. But don’t let the guys go in to get measured too early, since they have an annoying habit of changing sizes! Start sending them in 6-8 weeks before the wedding, and tell them two weeks before is the deadline. Guys being what they are, choose a shop that carries its own inventory (doesn’t ship everytning in from out-of-state) so that the shop can A) handle the inevitable late orders, and B) take care of any size changes that may be required. Good luck to you!

Post # 13
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

ya my wedding is the same date as yours and im going next week to pick them out with Fiance.. i was guessing the earlier the better!!! 

The topic ‘When should FI & groomsmen go to the tux shop to rent them?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors