(Closed) when should i look for bridesmaid dresses? summer 2010 wedding

posted 9 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am getting married in June 2010, and have already went with my Bridesmaid or Best Man to pick out dresses, and they all agreed on the same dress.  They have not ordered them yet, but the salon has said they need to order them by the end of January.

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am getting married in March 2011 and I already have mine picked out and the fabric purchased. I am making the dresses because I couldn’t find a look in the price range that I was willing to spend. All the gowns I wanted for my girls were in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar price range.

Post # 6
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My wedding is in July and I called around to see what the stores thought I should do; They all said to come no later than Feb. So you might wanna go no later than March! It takes a few weeks to get the dresses made/delivered and then you want to be sure the girls have enough time for alterations!

Post # 8
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am also getting married early August 2010, and still have not made a choice on the BM’s dresses.  I have been searching, and will probably make a decision by January, so that the girls have enought time to order by March the latest.  Hope this helps.

Post # 9
522 posts
Busy bee

My wedding’s in July and my bridesmaids are starting to look for their dresses now.

Post # 10
5153 posts
Bee Keeper

My bridesmaid dress is picked out but we haven’t ordered them. We plan to do that by Janurary and my wedding is June 26 2010

Post # 11
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

My wedding is September 2010 and we’ve already picked the dresses, the girls should have their order in by late January. It’s early, but it worked for us! 

Post # 12
420 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

just made my dress(es) choice and one has ordered, i plan on having the rest to choose and order by the end of january.  oh and i’m july 2010

Post # 13
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My wedding is end of August and the order just went in for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.. It went in Dec. 1st and I was told they should arrive in April so it is plenty of time for alterations. The earlier the better I think.

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2007

Hello Bridepower!

It’s a great idea to look online and get an idea of what you might like before going to the store with your maids, too.  Many of our brides do that and head to the store with ideas in mind. And yes, for a summer wedding, we recommend orders be put in 4 months ahead of the wedding (and most of the other bridesmaid designers do too). 

You can check out our styles at http://www.57grand.com.

Happy shopping!

Post # 16
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I am getting married July 3rd, I picked out my girls dresses and was told to allow 4 months for them to come in and a month for fitting/alteration so I asked them to order them by the end of Jan. I would pick something out as soon as possible so they have time to budget for and locate/order the dress  🙂 Have fun and good luck 🙂

The topic ‘when should i look for bridesmaid dresses? summer 2010 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors