- 8 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
I posted this a few weeks ago about whether or not I should quit my job…and I’ve pretty much decided to, but WHEN?
Since I posted, our bosses had decided to make drastic benefit changes for our volunteers…as in no type of “monetary” benefits since you know, they’re volunteers. This came about while my manager was Out of Town and when she came back they sprung it on her and I. We were told until they had an official meeting to discuss it, we weren’t supposed to mention it to anyone.
Well, my manager told her BFF (volunteer) that can’t keep her mouth shut and she told EVERYBODY…I called one of the bosses and told her that the volunteers were upset, confused, and they (bosses) needed to get a move on it and address the situation. I didn’t “tattle” on the manager, I just said “the volunteers are asking me questions and I can’t keep blowing them off.” I was told they (bosses) were disappointed in the manager and know they can’t trust her anymore but I’d essentially be thrown under the bus. Which I was prepared for.
I’m not sure if they talked to her. I think she would have told me. But since these new proposed changes, she’s been HORRIBLE to me…partly b/c she’s upset they decided this while she was on vacation and thinks I instigated it.
I made a stupid calculations mistake the other day and she told me SHE would have been fired over it. She’s started questioning every decision I make…from dealing with customers to my decision to order food for our volunteers the other day (which I always do.) Each time basically telling me “WHY are YOU the one deciding this?” or “WHY are YOU talking to customers on the phone?” Uhh…b/c I’m assistant manager and she’s always in the back, chatting w/volunteers, and I’m on the floor where the customers are…she’s asked me to get her for ANYTHING that comes up b/c she doesn’t want me handling it anymore.
DH/I had a long talk and he agreed that it was getting out of control there for a PT job that was supposed to be fun. Last week, our other employee gave her notice (unrelated to work stuff) and we were already down another person…so instead of 4 of us, next week there will be 2…plus a temp.
The sad part is that I told my step-MIL about the vacant job and she is applying for it. They’re still waiting on their orders but once they get them, they’ll be here 3 weeks later…the bosses know this BUT still want to interview her. I’ve told her/bosses that I do NOT expect any special favors and honestly, our temp for that position will more than likely get the job.
So do I turn in my 30 day notice (per contract) now? Wait until the end of May to finish the contract? DH said to give only 2 weeks b/c most of these people move so much (military) they won’t be around to give a reference down the line.
By The Way, step-MIL knows some of what is going on but the job vacancy thing was discussed w/her a few weeks ago before all this stuff happened. I figured the bosses would jump on this (their big meeting) but they keep postponing it so everyone is in limbo right now.