(Closed) When should we seek Medical Help?

posted 6 years ago in TTC
  • poll:
  • Post # 2
    306 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

    Some doctors want you to wait a year, but it depends. Have you been charting or using OPKS to get an idea of when/if you’re ovulating? Has your cycle been regular since you got off the pill? 

    Post # 3
    4132 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

    Most doctor say to seek help after 6 months if you are over 35. 


    Have ve you been doing anything to track your cyccles/make sure you are ovulating? OPKs? Charting temps? It may be one of the first thing your doctor suggests trying. 

    Post # 4
    2777 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

    Now. As in seek a fertility expert that will guide you thru the process from the beginning. 

    Post # 5
    2089 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

    rlaura76:  I second what Glasgowbound: has said.  After 35, it’s fair to seek help after 6 months.  Getting off BC can throw your body for a loop and it still may be regulating itself, but I would talk to your Dr now. 

    Post # 6
    3378 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

    rlaura76:  Now – everything I’ve read is if you’re under 35, doctors say wait a year.  If you’re over 35, wait 6 months.  You’re already at that point, so I think it’s worth it to at least see a doctor and get some testing to see if there are any issues to be concerned about.

    Post # 7
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

    As PP’s said my first question is have you been charting/do you know when you ovulate? You could very well just be missing it every month. If you ARE charting, considering you are over 35 then no I don’t think it’s to early to check in with your Dr and maybe do some testing.

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  .
    Post # 9
    1402 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

    rlaura76:  Definitely start the process if you’re ready to do so!

    Post # 10
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

    rlaura76:  I would say go now to the doctor. FX for you! 🙂

    Post # 11
    250 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

    I do believe liek some have said that doctor’s recommend over teh age of 35 to only wait 6 months before getting a doctor involved.

    Post # 12
    9135 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

    rlaura76:  IF you’ve been charting then you have something to show the doctor.  I would go ahead and make an appointment now since you’re over 35.

    Post # 13
    2787 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

    rlaura76:  Make an appointment now! Most doctors want to see you after 6 months if you’re over 35. Best of luck! 🙂

    Post # 14
    2053 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

    I would definitely go to the doctor now.  I went to my regular obgyn after 6 months TTC, and she referred me to a RE after 9 months TTC.  I am 32 and Darling Husband is 37!  

    RE appts usually have wait (up to 3 or 4 months), so it’s best to get the process started early!

    Post # 15
    539 posts
    Busy bee

    rlaura76:  Now and recommend you getting tests ran, as well as your husband getting a semen analysis

    The topic ‘When should we seek Medical Help?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors