(Closed) When to buy BM dresses for May 2013?

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@KHR20507:  Do we have the same wedding bc one of my girls is TTC too and we are also date twins! I was thinking latest is January but that’s just me and I haven’t talked to any stores yet. 

Post # 4
12952 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m in March, but we ordered ours last April (only because all the girls were in town from across the country, so we could all do it together).  It took over 3 months for the dresses to come in, and one came in with an issue (needed extra length, and the store never took that into account, so it had to be sent back).  I would give extra time just in case there’s some sort of problem!

Post # 6
251 posts
Helper bee

@KHR20507:  I was just a Bridesmaid or Best Man for my friend’s wedding and she had ours cusfor made from a tailor shop. It was actually pretty close in cost to ordering from David’s or Alfred. The custom tailors are a little more lenient on time so I think if I can’t get mine in time, I will just order from them. 

Ive debated changing Bridesmaid or Best Man too but I really want my good friend to be there with me. It’s so hard!

Post # 7
1748 posts
Bumble bee

We were told to order ours by 10/10 in order to get them in March. Our dresses are Amsale. Apparently factories close in China for the month of February for the new year so you have to take that in account.

Post # 8
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

My wedding planner told me in November – so I’m going November 24th!

Post # 9
945 posts
Busy bee

We’re going shopping 10/6 for 5/11. About 7 months. I think it’ll be enough time. We’re going to Davids because that’s where my dress came from, and that came in about 3 months. I’m not concerned. I think much later than that and I might be.

Post # 10
3 posts
Wannabee

I am getting my dress from Alfred Angelo also. I asked the bridal consultant on average how long does it take for a bridesmaid dress to come in and was told 6-10 weeks. Based on that I asked her when is the latest we should order and she said January. So since I am getting married on May 4 I told all of my girls that the latest they can get the dress is January 4th, giving 4 months until the wedding. This may seem like it is cutting it close, but as of now I am not worried. I was in a wedding last year and we ordered our bridesmaids dresses from the Dessy group on July 1st for a November wedding and I got my dress on July 11th.

I am planning on contacting the store again just to make sure that 4 months is enough time to get them in. I know people are typically told that you should order them  at least 4-6 months due to any possible errors that can occur for example with shipping issues and if they would possibly need alterations.   

Post # 11
314 posts
Helper bee

my girls are wearing alfred angelo as well, and they say 4 months out

Post # 12
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

My girls ordered Alfred Angelo dresses in September and they arrived just before Thanksgiving.  We were early, but I’d rather be early than late.. plus it gives some time for alterations (and budgeting).

Post # 13
79 posts
Worker bee

I ordered my wedding dress, and all the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses from Alfred as well. I ordered my dress in early October, 2 of the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses late October/early Nov. and the last Bridesmaid or Best Man dress got ordered around Thanksgiving.

I’m expecting my dress and the two earlier dresses in January and the last Bridesmaid or Best Man dress in Feb. Should give us all plenty of time for alterations.

The topic ‘When to buy BM dresses for May 2013?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors