(Closed) When to go to a DR.

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

First of all it is a FANTASTIC thing that you have health insurance!  Congrats!

If you have never had spotting before I would go make an appointment with an ob/gyn.  There are many things that can attribute to spotting.  Sometimes I get a sharp pain mid cycle when my body is supposed to be releasing an egg.  Have you started a new BC? or has something changed in your life?

My mom is a pharmacist and usually started me on  something OTC when I was not feeling well.  You would be surprised what 2 advil can do.  Obviously there is no medicine that will cure the common cold.  You can get things OTC that will help with the symptoms but only time will kick the cold.  I suffer from sinus headaches and sinus infections.  I always head for the Sudafed sinus headache… and when that does not work I know that I need to go to the doctor.  Do not worry about going to the doctor.  It is always better safe than sorry.

Good Luck!

Post # 5
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Could be a fluke if it’s the first time it’s ever happened to you. Is it possible it was a post-sex type thing? I would wait another menstrual cycle and if it happens again next month then go see the doc. Then at least you can tell the doctor that it’s a pattern. If you go to the gyn and say it only happened to you once, they are most likely going to tell you to wait and see if it happens again before they test for anything.

Post # 6
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Do you have a gyno you see annually?

If so, I’d suggest calling & talking to the nurse.  She can let you know if the spotting is no biggie or if you should come in and get looked at.  Calling should be free.

If you don’t have a doc you can call, this would be a good time to get one since you’re supposed to get an annual pap smear and all that anyway – and you can kill 2 birds with one stone and ask them about this issue during your visit.

Sometimes I have light spotting between periods – if your cramps are minor and the bleeding is light, I think chances are good that your issue is no big deal.

Post # 7
2280 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

It sounds to me like you’re experiencing mittelschmerz! But I’m no doctor, so grain of salt. Typically if I have any minor health concerns I’ll ask at an appointment, unless I’m sick with a nasty bug/have a broken bone/whatever.

Post # 9
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I agree about trying to talk to a nurse so you don’t have to automatically go in.  It probably isn’t anything serious and the nurse could tell you that it’s okay or to come in.

The topic ‘When to go to a DR.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors