(Closed) When to put the rain plan into effect??

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
  • poll: Given the forecast I've described, would you put your wedding day rain plan into effect?
    Yes, better to be safe than sorry! : (5 votes)
    36 %
    No, I'd just go for it and hope for the best. : (6 votes)
    43 %
    Other (please explain) : (3 votes)
    21 %
  • Post # 3
    1403 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    You can never tell this far out whether it will rain or not.  For now, stick to plan A.  On the morning of the wedding, check a radar and see if there are clouds on the way and when they expect to arrive.  If you think you’re going to get rained on, then call all your vendors that morning to switch to plan B.

    You could call them now to explain what plan B is, but you never know if that’ll just confuse them about where they’re supposed to who up.  So I wouldn’t tell them about plan B unless you decide to go with it on the morning of your wedding.

    Good luck!  And here’s wishing for sun on your special day!

    Post # 4
    877 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

    When I was looking into wedding venues, I found that usually the sales/event managers made the call on whether or not to move the weddings inside.  They made the decision 3 hours before the ceremony time.  But if it’s up to you, based on the forecast you mentioned, I would chance it and keep it outside.

    Post # 5
    903 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

    We had a similar dilemna and held out until that morning. We finally ended up changing the venue that day to our back up location, but it was stressful. That said, I think I’d still wait it out. Just make sure you’ve thought through what details need to be taken care of and how you’ll notify your guests. We didn’t have a specific plan set up (though we did send rain location notices with the invitations). It might help to have a website you can direct them to or to designate someone to notify people.

    Post # 6
    18637 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

    We had a tent on hold for our wedding.  A week out, the forecast said that the rain would clear by Saturday.  We cancelled the tent.  It rained every day up until the wedding and the wedding was perfectly clear.  I would go ahead with it being outside.  Even if there are some sprinkles early in the day, most likely you won’t need to cancel the outdoor plans unless there is a downpour at night.

    The topic ‘When to put the rain plan into effect??’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors