When to Send Invites for 2022 Wedding

posted 5 months ago in Etiquette
Post # 2
6299 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

6-8 weeks is standard, up to 12 if most guests need to travel. If you’re sending STD’s out 6-12 months early, there’s no need to send invites out too terribly far in advance. If you send your invites too early you run the risk of people looking at it and saying “oh we’ve got time” then they shove them in a drawer and forget about them. 

Post # 4
13666 posts
Honey Beekeeper

That’s way too early. 6-8 weeks maximum. It’s not a race or competition to get your invitations out before the next couple’s and people cannot be aware of conflicts that early either. It also does not give you priority over later arriving invitations.

You can share travel and practical info with your VIPs or those travelling a distance in addition to save the dates if you think it’s necessary.

Post # 5
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2022

My wedding is May 2022 also. I’ll be sending mine in very late March or early April.

Post # 6
4779 posts
Honey bee

There is really no reason to send out invites earlier than the standard 6-8 weeks, even with travel and COVID.

You’re already sending save the dates.  A save the date is the promise of a future invitation and they should have sufficient information (date and location) that people should be able to figure travel accordingly from that.  If you’re up against weddings that were rescheduled from 2020 and 2021 – people are going to go to the wedding that is most convenient for them and/or based on relationship – the timing of your invitations isn’t going to change that.  And if COVID is still a significant factor in travel restrictions come May 2022, those tend to change on an almost week to week basis – if anything people will probably be waiting until the last minute to commit to travel so an earlier invitation wouldn’t even help there anyway.

Post # 7
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’d send out the save the dates a year in advance just because certain jobs you have to put in all of your time off the year before. At least that’s how the hospital works which sucks but that would give ppl like that time to plan ahead. Send out your actual invitations about three months before to give ppl more then enough time to send you back RSVPs and give you time to finalize your headcount etc. 

Post # 8
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2020

I sent mine out 9 weeks prior to my wedding, but we didn’t send Save the Dates. So if you send Save the Dates out 6-12 months ahead your can send your invitations 6 weeks prior.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors