(Closed) When to start dress alterations for september 2011 wedding? and whom to go to?

posted 7 years ago in Boston
Post # 3
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I bought two dresses, one from David’s (also in Danvers!) and one from Precious Memories in Malden.  I didn’t bring my dress to David’s because I also heard lots of negative things about their alterations.  They charged my friend a ridiculous price and her bustle didn’t even last through her reception.

I brought my DB dress to an independent seamstress and had my second dress altered at Precious Memories.  I actually have my second fitting today! I had my first fitting 5 weeks before the wedding and that is enough time.

Post # 4
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Have you heard of : Fann’s tailor shop in needham? i’ve been there with two of my friends and they both love him and he did a really good job!

Post # 5
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’ve never used her but Chris O’Hara in Quincy has a very good reputation for wedding dresses.

Post # 7
14405 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m getting married in July and having my dress altered right now.  I’m using Chris in Quincy and I’m ok with the hike down there.  (I live about 50 mintues away).  I dropped it off with her about a month ago to start the alterations.  My weight hasnt changed in 10+ years so I wasnt worried about it not fitting.  But she did ask me if I wanted her to hold off and wait until closer to the wedding to get fitted.  She took note of the wedding date, so I’m pretty confident that if I did want to wait, she would have got it done in time.  Her price was amazing and she did an awesome job taking about 8-10 inches off my dress bring it from a sz 10 down to a 2 and making sure all the details lined up on the seams and moving things around so that the orginal detail would still be at the seams instead of just cutting it off. 

The topic ‘When to start dress alterations for september 2011 wedding? and whom to go to?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors