(Closed) When you change your name…

posted 8 years ago in Names
Post # 3
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yeah, they should.  If they ask for proof, all you have to do is show them your marriage certificate.

I wouldn’t change certificates if they are in your maiden name.  That’s just too much work. I would just change things you use currently.

Post # 4
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I don’t plan on changing any kind of school certificates or anything. Mostly because I don’t really need those for anything other than remember the recognition I received, and I was Me Maiden Name when I got those certificates, not Me New Name. So it seems fit to just leave them.

Post # 5
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

my mom got married and got a new certiicate with her new name on it. f you are still in school i would change your name with the school the classes you already took might be under your old name still but they will link the files. I have to change a certificate over to my new name once i change it too but it is worth it.

Post # 6
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yes, people will still accept your certificates if they have your old last name on them. My BA is in my maiden name and I will not change it.

The topic ‘When you change your name…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors