Post # 1
My wedding is in 2 months…and i have been told by 2 bridesmaids that they couldn’t be in the wedding..1 decided she would be there .. ..but now the other is the grooms sister and she doesn’t want to now.
The grooms sister is also helping mine , plan my surprise bridal shower…well..if she can’t..that means since the invites already went out..that me and my groom will be paying , we don’t hold much hope for his irresponsible sister .
And His uncle was to help us put money down on our reception hall…but now hes telling us he can’t..so we can’t afford the hall….
So i am not sure what to do…this all feels like i am just not meant to to have this big fat greek wedding..
I don’t know what to make of all this.
Post # 3
Well, I’m sorry to hear about all these last-minutes change-ups. Can you plan something intimate or anything within your means? It’s easiest when the wedding is paid by you and your groom from head to toe since you’ll have total control and ultimate say in everything. I believe that you shouldn’t give up and that you should find alternatives. People here in the hive are great at giving suggestions.
Post # 4
Oh weddings…nothing ever seems to go as planned, LOL. That is the one thing you always have to remind yourself of and just roll with the punches. You can still make your day amazing and all that you want even if you have people it seems, hindering you.
My suggestion would be to have a small ceremony with just those you feel truly need to be there and you want there and then go out to nice dinner after. Later on sometime in the summer you can always have a small party or a casual BBQ, invite everyone you would have had originally and show them your wedding pictures and so forth.
Post # 5
I’m so sorry to hear that! Since the invitations has already gone out, maybe you can still keep the hall but change the menu to something more affordable like a buffet style instead of sit down dinner. Sorry hun’, I’m sure it will work out!
Post # 6
Well thanks for the suggestions.. the Prob with the hall is that ..even if we can’t afford to pay them ..we still have to give them the minimum cost of what the reception would of cost…So i emailed planner for hotel and she said she just needs to go over some things with everyone else….were on limited time here and she can’t telll me what she can do for us. I told her i wanted to still keep the date , but just keep the cost to bare minimum….no email back yet. and I have a wedding cake tasting thats this wk, i have to get back to florist, and start music list, and shes killing my time. We haven’t even mailed out our invites yet , cause were not sure where the reception would be..if we would even have one ? So confused as to what to do. Whether to cancel the reception or to have it ..but to have it somewhere else…its the $$ thats killin us. Damn i wish we could of just eloped…like i wanted ..but couldn’t..