Where are all my 2019 brides at!!

posted 2 months ago in Emotional
Post # 47
9698 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

We’re getting married April 20th and it mainly feels about time (we got engaged January 19th 2012)! I am stressed to the max as there is still so much to do – we still have to sort out a cake, an emcee (family member probably), transport (a couple of nice family cars are an option for to the ceremony and reception but we would need to figure something out for us from the reception), my sister’s bridesmaid’s dress, our rings’ engraving, and finalising the music plan!

I am also still over 200lbs (5’3″) and I did NOT want to be a fat/plus size bride!

I am ready to be married already but I also wish I was more on top of things.

Post # 48
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

I can’t believe it’s our wedding year!!!!! Our wedding is June 8th! Venue is secured, first wedding dress is bought (still needs alterations), cake is picked, bridesmaid dresses are purchased and save the dates are out. That’s about it so still we have a lot to do! I’m honestly over planning so me and fiance are taking a mini moon next month to relax and just enjoy being engaged! I’m so ready to call him my husband <3

Post # 49
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

jemmlove12 :  Lol yeah I also totally spaced this one until about a month ago… You may want to condsider buying a smaller cake for cutting that’s got a nice decoration, and then get a couple of sheet cakes from Costco to feed everyone. It should cut your costs in half, if not more. 

Post # 50
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

February 2nd for me!

I am so over planning and trying to track people down. I don’t feel ready at all and our reception venue has been terrible to work with. For a large resort in the area I’m pretty disappointed at their total lack of communication (weeks to a month between responding to e-mails or phone calls) and complete disorganization. I halfway wouldn’t be surprised if we were booked into the wrong space at this point.

I just brought my dress to the seamstress and my boobs were spilling out and we could barely zipper it. She didn’t seem concerned but I can feel and see the weight gain.

At this point I’m just ready for it to be that week and to enjoy the moment. I really wish I had opted for the fully stylized wedding my coordinator offered me so I didn’t have to make decisions on anything.

Post # 52
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

We just started planning, but booked a wedding planner and a venue while on Park City, we are getting married Sept. 28th! The venue was only the second place we saw which is a ski lodge with a beautiful view. Everything else still needs to be decided.

Post # 53
9698 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

jemmlove12 :  that makes sense, I wish I had the eating better under control! Luckily I don’t drink alcohol or else I would probably be even bigger!

Post # 54
7522 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

chelbell23 :  

what this venue calls a “group elopement,” got to laugh at that haven’t you ! , it immediately calls up a group of people all marrying in the same secret ceremony!  Why on earth  can’t they call it a small wedding package or  whatever,  instead  of making  up nonsense ( and miseading  ) descriptions .  

Post # 55
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Another May 4th bride here!! 

I cannot believe in less than 4 months I will be married! I honestly didn’t want a wedding. Wanted to elope or have a destination wedding; but future Mother-In-Law insisted on the big wedding. I regret giving into that. 

We have most of the big things done. Everything is booked. Waiting on my dress which is taking longer than expected, and hoping alterations go well. I’m really worried about that! Also decor is kind of stressing me out. Also the guest list and people getting their feelings hurt over not coming. I don’t want a big wedding and I have to keep telling myself that it’s MY wedding. They can be pissy if they want! 

Overall I’m stressed lol. So much work for one day! But excited to get the families and friends together. 

Post # 56
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

minimalistbeex :  I have the same problem with my DIY projects 🤦🏼‍♀️

Post # 57
1097 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - City, State

elderbee :  I had the same thought! This place is trying way too hard to be trendy, with another package being called a “microwedding.” It’s just a 40-75 person wedding, hardly anything deserving of the term “micro” 😂

Post # 58
Hostess
7172 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2019

So my harpist pulled out and I had to find a replacement with 74 days to go, which was annoying and stressful, but on the upside, I ordered my BEAUTIFUL veil and my confetti should arrive this week. Yay!

Post # 59
40 posts
Newbee

April 11th 2019 Bride here!

Like a few others I am soooo over planning the wedding now. Its just to time consuming and consuming in general. Way too many decisions and too much money! 

But I am super excited for it to actually be here so I can enjoy the fruits of my labour and then know that I never have to do this again lol

Big things are done and ticked off:

Groomsmen attire needs to be sorted (groom is done) we are getting married somewhere hot (South Africa) and the suits in the shops at the moment are heavier materials for winter – we live in the UK,

Small accessories need to be brought

Getting ready robes

Need to book rehearsal dinner

We have venue, cake, DJ, photographer, videographers, wedding planner, rings, dress, grooms tux, wedding shoes, flights, accommodation, stag and hen

I almost feel like the little bits are worse, so easy to miss something lol

Best of Luck 2019 Brides

Post # 60
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - City, State

2019 Bride here! That sounds so weird to me! We just officially set our date last week, I’ll be marrying my favorite person November 30! 

Our venue is booked and we have a block of rooms reserved in 2 hotels…  I’m going to call that my biggest triumph lol! 

The biggest low in my whole 2 weeks of planning so far has been that the caterer I wanted is booked for my date so we’ll end up paying $1000 more for our dinner than originally planned 🙁

frenchtoastvegan :  We finally set a date, after 3 months of being engaged. Yay! lol

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors