Where are all my 2019 brides at!!

posted 11 months ago in Emotional
Post # 61
793 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

chelbell23 :  “I HATE wedding planning and so far only have my dress set ๐Ÿ˜ฌ”

Same here! Except I still haven’t bought the dress. Waiting until I shed more pounds. Seeing your post makes me feel a little better about not having everything planned already.

jemmlove12 :  I loved getting engaged! But not super excited about the wedding planning part lol. All I really wanted to do was do a non-emotional legal self-uniting ceremony but going along with a small-ish wedding as parents wanted it and we aren’t completely against it.. Just trying to bask in the last few days of just enjoying being engaged before I become a bridezilla.

I’m really worried about both of us bawling our eyes out during the entrance / ceremony (SO is more emotional than I am) and my makeup running everywhere. I tried hard to convince SO to walk in together but he wasn’t having it. I had already convinced him to give up a couple of traditions so I decided to deal with this one thing ๐Ÿ™„. I’m visually running it in my head over and over again and planning to play upbeat music during my wedding entrance to hopefully not become a teary mess. 

Post # 62
657 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

jemmlove12 :  Yes we have complained and it’s gotten us nowhere. We are 2.5 weeks out and we STILL have not been able to get in touch. E-mails, voicemails, etc. The venue is not close to us but we are likely driving up this weekend and raising hell if we don’t hear back by Friday. It is just the worst feeling.  I’ve inquired about some back up plans just in case they double booked us or put us in the wrong space.

On the plus side, I think my dress will fit better at my final fitting on Monday!

Post # 64
3789 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - City, State

frenchtoastvegan :  Yay! I think so too, and perfect for honeymooning somewhere fabulous! I really hope it wont be super cold or stormy. My area is known for freak snow storms in November but in 2018 it was absolutely beautiful out around that time so fingers crossed it’ll be the same this year!

Post # 65
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

butternutter :  me too! All the big stuff is done. I’m more concerned about forgetting some of the little details. I couldn’t be more excited.

Post # 66
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

Charliejeorge :  I orginially wanted 2/16/20 because that would be our 5 year first date anniversary but we always have a snow event in February so we chose November because snow is less likely. This past November we had a WILD freak snow storm 2 days before our planned date. So funny! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it won’t matter either way. I picked our location partly because it would be beautiful no matter the wedding. Everything is inside, thank goodness! 

Post # 67
2238 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - Chateau Lake Louise

10/5/19 here. I booked my hairstylist today, and that was basically the last thing I needed to do, apart from ordering the wedding favors. 

Fiance on the other hand still needs to get his suit and pick out a tie. 

We’re doing everything in-house at the venue for the most part, so there isn’t a lot to coordniate. I did settle on a spot for the welcome dinner a while ago. 

We have been talking about getting married for almost 3 years, so a lot of the decisions were made a while back, and all I had to do was throw down some cash. 

Even still, it’s nice to have everything well in hand this far in advance. 

๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 70
Hostess
8723 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

jemmlove12 :  yeah I got a much better one sorted within 48 hours and it’s only costing a little more. Oh yeah, I’m in the UK too. Photographers book up so early ! 

Post # 71
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Turkey

We have just set the date today! It’d June 29th!

I have absolutely nothing planned yet. So here’s a quick to do list. “quick”. Ehehe.

I’m inheriting a flat from my parents. We have to tell the tenants to move out, so that we can get the flat renewed a bit.

Buy furniture of all sorts, cutlery, like anything needed in a house. 

Go dress shopping for the wedding and the henna night, go gold shopping (it’s a think where we are), hire a photographer, prepare invitations etc. 

Plan a honeymoon in Europe. 

Book another venue for henna night with da gals. 

In the meanwhile, I’m teaching at the uni full time, studying at another BA degree, aaaans will be starting my masters degree in literature.

Im almost sure I’m crazy but this girl needs to get married. ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m so excited, and somehow I don’t feel overwhelmed. 

Post # 72
9752 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I just had to share – we are having a book themed wedding and we got our ring box today!

Post # 73
279 posts
Helper bee

I had a makeup trial today. I loved it – I felt beautiful even though usually I’m self-conscious about my appearance because I have a bit of a baby face going on. I sent through photos to my family and my sister said she doesn’t like it. I feel gutted and don’t know what to do.

Post # 74
812 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - Country/barn

May 4. Totally over the planning. Luckily most everything is done but the nitty gritty little details. I’m scared I’ve forgotten to do something major though ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors