(Closed) Where are all the Feb 2012 brides?

posted 7 years ago in February 2012
Post # 3
1813 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

18th Feb!  Planning going well-ish.  Venue booked, Party hall booked, dress (trying on for the first time on Monday – it’s in Wales, and I’m in Greece…), DJ booked. Invitations sent, just a million other things to do and we’re good to go…

We got engaged on 31st August this year, and decided to get married as soon as possible!  We’re living an a small island and getting married on the mainland.  We can’t get off the island often either so we’ve had to really depend his family running around vendors etc for us there, and Mum, bless her with her laptop and webcam in the Bridal shop in Wales looking at dresses. (I want to get it from there because I know it’s something my Mother has always dreamt of – and so have I).  It started off as a big test of patience, but actually now, as everything is coming together.  The bridal shop there have been beyond AMAZING, even with the tight schedule and lack of presence from the bride (the shop girl who is a similar size to me has been modelling dresses etc for my Mum and I).  Both sets of parents are paying for everything and we have given them quite a free reign on who they invite (if you can pay for them, feel free to invite them has been the motto), and we felt letting them win the battle of the wedding guests would let us win the war of the wedding if you catch my drift, and up to now – that is going to plan!  So tomorrow I head off to Wales to get all the dresses, shoes etc and for a whole host of Hen Parties! Yey!!

Post # 5
134 posts
Blushing bee

Hey we are date twins!! I’ve started the countdown. We have most of the big things done, it’s just little things that I’m working on. I have a hair trial on Saturday that I am very excited about. Waiting for the RSVP cards is driving me CRAZY.

Post # 6
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

To be fair it hasn’t been too stressful – we are very laid back – maybe too much…  We have been calling up the ‘rents and his sister-in-law and they have been going to see vendors etc for us.  The way we saw it was, as we are stuck here it is more important that the ones doing the running for us feel the connection with the vendors, as long as our ideas are taken on board.  This has worked really well in fact.  We’re way below budget and up to now – apart from not being able to find an old car, we’ve had nearly everything we imagined of.

11th was going to be my date, but changed it so it would fit school holidays in the UK so more family members could come.

What colour schemes/flowers are you all going for?

Post # 7
1935 posts
Buzzing bee

only 50 days till my wedding! I think the planning is going well. All the big things are done, I just need to finidh some DIY projects and get some small details.. like my garter. My 3rd dress fitting is tomorrow!

The thing I’m worried about is the snow!! I want snow! And it’s doing nothing but raining this entire December here in Toronto Canada.

Post # 8
1935 posts
Buzzing bee

ooo, my colours are cranberry and plum 🙂 This is the exact bouquet I ordered – hydrangeas (which will be fake as you can’t get htem in this colour in Feb – plus I found lovely ones at michaels with exactly our colours), cala lillies (both dark and light purple) and deep red roses 🙂

Our theme is victorian winter romance as we are getting married in a pioneer village… lots of candles, 2 fire places, a horse drawn wagon, rose petals and hopefully snow!!

Post # 10
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

@stargurl101: Gorgeous colours!!!  I went to see two florists last week.  I was told by one that she would only consider pale colours for that time of the year because SHE doesn’t like dark flowers for Feb (Swift exit there….)  I am thinking of going for something with a contrast, either a pale bunch of roses with one flower ina deep shade Hydrageneas was one idea I was thinking as well, or Ranunculus.  We are having 2 large bay trees up at the altar of the church, and two smaller ones outside.  These worked out at the same price as flower displays, and we had the idea to keep one tree, give others to our parents and to our best man as a reminder of our day. Anyway – the flowers are a work in progress

The last week has been quite stressful though.  We did as much as we could whilst away from where we’ll get married.  But last week we had 3 days to get EVERYTHING sorted.  It was an experience lets say…

Post # 11
93 posts
Worker bee

Bump – where is everyone?  🙂

Post # 12
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

@lobbyart: Running round like blue-arsed flies sorting out our weddings! lol!  How’s it going?  NErves setting in?

Post # 13
93 posts
Worker bee

@Cariad: LOL!  I’m at such a weird point where all I can do is wait on info from vendors!  I’m stuck!  Hence the lurking.  I know it will get nuts after this weekend though!  Wish my RSVPs would come in though…  Anyone else missing a crazy amount of RSVPs?  I’m trying to blame holiday mail traffic!

Post # 14
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

The good thing about here is no RSVPs required.  We’ve gone for a mixed grill for the wedding breakfast (never understood why they call it that…) and here the guests don’t wait for the bride and groom to eat.  For 400+ people it’s much easier to serve them on arrival, and then let them get stuck into the wine and dancing (truly is My Big Fat Greek Wedding!). 

The topic ‘Where are all the Feb 2012 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors