(Closed) Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 152
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I ordered the Brazilian Butt Lift Program off Amazon. It should arrive Wed. I’m hoping it really works!

Post # 154
3216 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@Ana in NZ: I use the myfitnesspal app on my iphone! it has so many foods in it and does calories/carbs/protein/etc… I really need to watch my carbs so it is a lifesaver!

Post # 155
3216 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

also I moved from visiting my parents and back to my own apartment, where my scale says 151.2 today! I just started Metformin, a side-effect of which is weight-loss, and I’ve been doing my best to watch calories and carbs.  So either I’m doing a great job or my parents scale is off (probably both!) but I’m down 4.6 pounds!

Post # 156
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@Mrs.Sunflower: nice work with the yoga, that will be a big help i bet! I haven’t done yoga actually but getting back into pilates which is a lil similar? but loving that too..like you said awesome for toning aswell as posture and the core…no pain no gain!

Post # 157
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Silverblade: I agree with you, nothing wrong with a lil pleasure here and there, so long as we know we can work it off again aye….i’d go insane if i was dieting every single day…i have will power but that’s too much for me.

Wow, that’s so cool that restaurant show the nutritional value, I wish our restaurants here did the same….i went out for lunch with a girlfriend on the weekend and i really wanted a chicken wrap which is full of carbs as it has the yummiest roasted potatoes and loaded with sauce but opted for the thai beef salad which was just as yummy but more healthier…

Us girls deserve a medal for all the sacrifices we’re making all in the name of vanity hehe…

Post # 158
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@bookworm88: thanks for the info, unfortunately my phone is crappy nokia and don’t have access to apps etc…need to upgrade big time

And good work with the weight loss, awesome! You were right, your parents scales were obviously off (or/and you’re doing a great job)

Post # 159
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MeganTacky2247: nice work, least the weights coming down though aye….alcohol is such a killer though, i just wanna keep going and going…1 or 2 won’t kill ya though aye…it can’t be as bad as chocolate or the sweet stuff though..that’s what i’d keep telling myself anyway lol

Post # 160
514 posts
Busy bee

Make sure you give your body at least 1 day of rest from working out each week. Doesn’t mean you can’t do any work out that day, just make it a ‘light’ work out. πŸ™‚

I’m 5’3. Not 100% sure how much I weigh exactly, but it’s around 133-135. I’ve got a year to lose 10-15 lbs and tone up.

I have PT 3 times a week, and the 2 days between those I do strength training in my room. I’m going to look into a spinning class on Saturdays as well. Sunday will be my rest day.

Eating… I suck at eating well. I love junk food, it’s so good. And I am a sucker for the chocolate frappechinos from Starbucks. Haha. I managed to cut out pop back in November though. I drink water and juice. I had been drinking a lot of tea, but haven’t since arriving at my base because I can’t find any that I like. I’ll be hitting up the commissary this weekend for fruits and veggies to stock my fridge. In the meantime, it’s Subway and salads from the DFac. πŸ™‚

Post # 161
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@Ana in NZ: nothing wrong with a treat indeed… *eyes cookie sitting on her desk*  I guess my coworker is trying to help me out with my willpower by putting it right in front of me. πŸ™‚

I think I checked in once before on this thread.  I’ve jumped back on the working out bandwagon with a vengeance and am back on WW as of last week so hopefully I’ll start seeing results soon.  at the moment the scale is going up instead of going down despite being at the gym 6 days a week and not using all my weeklies/APs.  I’ve got 4 months to lose 8 pounds and tone up a bit so I’m sure I can do it. 

Post # 163
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

I have done NOTHING so far and I feel awful! πŸ™ Having that cold ruined my kick off.

But after eating horribly over the weekend, I am hitting the gym after work. Anyone have a usual rutine they follow while in the gym? Certain machines and such?

Post # 165
4688 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
@b00kbug: I’ve got a cold too. I’m not so weak as to not want to eat, but too pooped to workout.

Post # 166
1047 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I want to play! Sorry to be joining in late.

My wedding is exactly 2 months from now (strange to think!) and Fiance and I are both trying to get in better shape. We’re both on the thin side (uh, Fiance almost looks emaciated) but we want to get stronger and tone up.

Unfortunately I think I’m getting to “that age” where my body is starting to change in preparation for babies and such, so now I’ve got more of a stomach than I used to, my thighs are bigger, and i’ve got more hips than ever before. I’ve been living with Fiance for a year, and we also don’t have the healthiest eating habits, so we’re making a conscious effort to be better about it.

I haven’t weighed myself in a while, but I plan on doing it tomorrow morning to see my starting point. I’m 5’8″ and the last time I weighed myself I think I was 132 or 134… I forget which. I’d like to lose 7-10 pounds (until this year my weight has always fluctuated between 120-127 lbs), which I think is doable by March, but I’m not really measuring in terms of pounds. I want to tone up my arms and lose my stomach and thighs. Right now we’re both using the 30 Day Shred (I finally started using it again after a bit of an “exercise vacation.”)

Anyway, that’s my story… I hope to stay motivated!

The topic ‘Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors