(Closed) Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 167
5117 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@reginaphalange: 1- YAY date twin! and 2- I love your name. LOL. 

I hit the gym hard yesterday….I guess it hit me back. LOL. That damn thigh machine is so sneaky…so easy to do when you’re there, but today I can barely get up when I sit down. Hahah. I may try to force myself to go tonight and walk a couple miles, or I may just enjoy some trash TV and stretch my sore muscles for a half an hour. I HATE that ‘getting back into shape’ pain. Grr.

Post # 168
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MeganTacky2247: nice boss.. ๐Ÿ™‚  I’m proud to say the cookie is still sitting on my desk along with a reeses peanut butter cup.  the reeses pieces haven’t fared so well though but oh well, I’ll track them and move on.  thank goodness the bag is gone and you can’t get reeses in denmark so I can’t stock up again.   

View original reply
@b00kbug: I don’t usually like training outside of classes – I find it so difficult to get motivated but when I do, its usually 25 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals, 10 rowing, some weights and then finishing up with some core work (plans, superman, crunches, etc).  I usually find it helpful to ask the trainers at the gym for tips because they’re really helpful in figuring out new things to do when I get bored with a particular exercise. have you tried asking at your gym?  all of the gyms I’ve been a member of, they’ll start you off with an intro routine if you ask. 

Post # 169
1047 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@indibee: Ha, thanks!

So I did the dreaded weigh in this morning. 133.8 lbs. I hate that I have a scale that also shows ounces. At this point, I think I will measure myself once a week so I don’t drive myself crazy. I’ve decided my goal weight for the wedding is 123-125, so hopefully by Wednesday of next week I will be at 130 or so.

I’ve been good about food so far this week, I had a Subway turkey sub for lunch today, and I’ve been eating lots of veggies. I’m already getting worried about this weekend because I’m traveling home for my niece’s birthday party. I anticipate that the food and beer will be flowing freely, and I usually lose all willpower in these situations.

My parents do have a treadmill, though, so maybe that will motivate me to exercise this weekend.

Post # 170
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@MeganTacky2247: The Brazil Butt Lift is no joke…or maybe I’m just that out of shape. Anyways, my weight this morning was 114 and my goal weight before engagement photos is 107 (I’m short and this is within my bmi weight range). 

Post # 171
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@jenangeles: Cool you’re only a month after mine, awesome! Yeah i know what you mean, it was our first week back at work and my co-worker/good friend decided to do a lolly run as we have a lolly jar at work…just what I don’t need lol but it’s ok, I don’t mind it (so long as they’re not flaunting it in front of me). But yeah i’ll have one here and there if I feel like it, I know i’ll work it off.

I joined this site only about a mth ago and I love it! It’s SO informative and the ladies are so friendly and you can find answers to literally anything you want. I totally understand what you mean with the gym, I went through the same as what you are….but don’t forget, if you’re including weights in the mix then you’re bulding muscle hence why the weight is not going down…I bet you feel stronger/fitter though? Keep at it and you’ll see the results….maybe a change of exercise programme could help? It did for me….keep it up though!

Post # 172
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@jenangeles: Cool you’re only a month after mine, awesome! Yeah i know what you mean, it was our first week back at work and my co-worker/good friend decided to do a lolly run as we have a lolly jar at work…just what I don’t need lol but it’s ok, I don’t mind it (so long as they’re not flaunting it in front of me). But yeah i’ll have one here and there if I feel like it, I know i’ll work it off.

I joined this site only about a mth ago and I love it! It’s SO informative and the ladies are so friendly and you can find answers to literally anything you want. I totally understand what you mean with the gym, I went through the same as what you are….but don’t forget, if you’re including weights in the mix then you’re bulding muscle hence why the weight is not going down…I bet you feel stronger/fitter though? Keep at it and you’ll see the results….maybe a change of exercise programme could help? It did for me….keep it up though!

Post # 172
91 posts
Worker bee

sorry, stupid laptop played up and crashed..didn’t mean to post so many times

Post # 173
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@Ana in NZ: of course, it wouldn’t be a lolly jar if it was empty ๐Ÿ™‚  people are the same way here with our sweets basket.  it never stays empty for very long!

doubt I’m building that much muscle though.. it takes longer for me but I’m patient ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 175
1351 posts
Bumble bee

Me!! Wedding is two months from two days ago!!! I had my first fitting and while the dress fits, I want to tone up my arms more, so I’m doing pilates, more yoga than running like I’m used to, and ordered some pure barre videos. Anyone done them?

Post # 176
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

I feel GREAT!

Did chest/back from supreme 90 day then hit the gym for an hour doing hills on the eliptical. 

Making skinny chicken parm for dinner tonight! 

WOOOO, I feel so awesome right now!! <insert cartwheels> 

Post # 177
784 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Joined a weight loss clinic and have my appointment tomorrow!!!!! I know a lot of my friends that have success stories there. My wedding is in 73 days…WHOOOO! hoping I drop 30 lbs! HAHA. Okay I know, outrageous goal, but a girl can dream, right?

Post # 178
784 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I have already been working out doing a heavy weightlifting program for 45 days… and I have been doing some cardio. So once I drop the fat on top of my muscle…maybe I’ll have that beach body I’m shooting for! Lol. Boo me for procrastinating

Post # 179
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@MeganTacky2247: No reason to lose your motivation! You’re only 12 days in. It’s going to take a little more time before you start seeing results. 

Did you take before photos? It might be something to consider doing now. Your body will make changes, but sometimes it’s hard to tell because we see ourselves every day. It’s a lot easier to look at a picture from day one and then look at another picture at day 60 and day 90. Also, are you taking measurements? Those are much more important weight because weight can fluctuate so much. 

Don’t get down. It’s still early, and there’s plenty of time left. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 180
1047 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Mrs.Elivs: Date twin! Exercise routines aside, I feel like I could have written your post! My dress fits fine as well and I think I look pretty good in it, but I would still like for my arms to look more toned, and for my waist and hips to look a bit smaller. I’ve got a silk 30s style dress, and we all know they can be very unforgiving.

In a perfect world, I wish I were running every day, but I am such a BABY about cold weather that I just can’t do it. 30 Day Shred it is, then. I wish I had a treadmill, sigh.

On the plus side, I’m still eating healthy and exercising. I’ve definitely noticed a difference in the way I feel, and I suspect I’ve lost about 2 pounds or so over the past few days. Progress!

The topic ‘Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors