(Closed) Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 181
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@jenangeles: Hey i’m in the same boat as you, i totally understand…I started at the gym in July last year so it’s taken a while and i’ve been going between 4-6 days/wk and it’s only been in the last month or 2 that i’m finally seeing results…it took me a good 3mths to see any decent weight loss (more than a couple hundred grams/wk). I did feel stronger right from start which was nice but it really sucked coz I couldn’t SEE the results also (either in weight loss or muscle tone). So after 6 mths i’ve slogging it i’m finally nearly there (feels like it took forever)..4kgs to go to reach my goal of 68kg (150lbs)…seriously if I can do it, you totally can too…and anyone else. Just think about how good you’re gonna look and have everyones jaws dropping when they see you…it works for me ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with your fitness

Post # 182
1351 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@reginaphalange:Whoa! We’re too much alike. I just ran a 1/2 marathon in November which was great for shedding. BUT, I won’t run in the cold, so I’m totally blowing my February 1/2 marathon. Who wants to run 13.1 in 30 degree weather? Not me! So, I bought some pilates/pure barre videos which will be delivered today, and I do hot yoga regularly once a week. I wish I could bump that up, but classes are expensive so that’s all we can afford. I bought a groupon that gave me 20 classes for $65 so I might just use them all up for before the wedding boot camp?

Post # 183
5422 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

My new workout is supposed to arrive at my house today.  I’ll likely start monday!  I cant wait! Slowly takling my eating habits.

View original reply
@Mrs.Elivs:  never heard of pure barre.  im doing cardio barre.

Post # 184
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m so in.  I don’t need to lose much weight but I definitely need tone!  I have that gross arm flab and really don’t want to have it on my wedding day.  I have such a sweet tooth though, it kills me!

Post # 185
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

Did a few core moves at the house, then did a half hour at the gym. Pretty damn sore from yesterday.

Post # 186
2721 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I literally bought a dress that if I gain a pound it won’t fit!!!! AHHH!! So in the next couple months I need to maintain or lose! I actually started a plan a couple months ago from the posting from another Bee (sorry can’t remember who) but it’s in the book The New Rule of Lifting for Women and i’ve noticed a difference. 

Post # 187
785 posts
Busy bee

So far it’s been going good for me except the last three days I’ve been slacking with exercising..  Last week I did well though with doing hard cardio 3 times a week and some weights.

Weighed myself today..

From January 1 to now I am down 4 pounds! ๐Ÿ™‚  I am happy about that even though its gradual..

I can notice a difference for sure..  Feel better, sleeping better, and not as “blah”.  Just gotta keep motivated..

Post # 188
2755 posts
Sugar bee

This was my first week of the new routine I’ve worked up for myself (strength training Weds, Fri, Sun; cardio Tues, Thurs, Sat; rest Sun) and I’m doing well! I didn’t make it to Zumba class last night, but I did a lot of cleaning which sort of counted lol. The plan for tonight is to combine cardio and my lower-body strength training to make up for yesterday’s lapse. I’m determined to make it into the 250’s by the end of this month! Hovering around 263 right now.

Post # 189
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@MissCalifornia: Nice work! Keep it up and you’ll see results for sure!!

Everyone has their goals so once the exercise programme is in place (with good eating) then we’ll definately see results we want…Nice work everyone!!!

I started back at work on Monday and I tell you it has been for the best! I’m now back playing netball twice a week with hitting the gym 5-6 times a week and also doing a fast river walk of 9km on my off day…i’ve dropped 9kg in last 6mths so only just 3kg to lose by April which i’m very determined to do and i’ll be at 68kg…still bigger than you smaller ladies but i’m unfortunately bigger boned (polynesian blood). I don’t mind though, i’m so much stronger now and I can finally start seeing the muscle building in my arms from the weights/cardio on upper body…also the pilates has been fantastic for muscle toning too and stronger tighter abs and core…yay finally getting there

Post # 190
929 posts
Busy bee

So on the 6th I was at 158.5…….today I am 162.7……

WHAT?!?!

Post # 191
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@b00kbug: hate when that happens.. ๐Ÿ™  do you keep track of what you’re eating/doing anywhere?  also if you’ve not been weighing in on a regular basis, you might not have noticed that your weight spikes during a certain point in your cycle. 

my weight has been climbing up and up for the past couple of weeks despite the fact that I’ve been doing a ton of exercise & trying to eat healthier but as of this morning its going back in the right direction – I’ll just attribute it to the fact that I’ve upped my exercise and was retaining a bit of water from that and from it being that time of the month. 

have any of you ladies joined the bee fitocracy group??

Post # 192
1933 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@b00kbug: Could it be hormonal?  I gain a good 3-4 pounds a few days before my period.

Post # 193
929 posts
Busy bee

I am supposed to get my period next week, so I am really hoping it is just water retention and hormones. I haven’t been eating horribly, and I have been going to the gym, so I am just pretty shocked. ๐Ÿ™

Post # 194
2424 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Officially signed up for Weight Watchers today with my mom. I though I eat really healthy as is, but much to my surprise by lunch I have used up 19 of my 26 points! Ouch!

Post # 195
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Alright, ladies.  Checking in.  I’m still at 132 and I’m 5’3″ almost – not a lb loss since 2012 began, unfortunately…I ran a half marathon last Saturday the 14th (2 hours 5 min!) but I have this weird fear of eating too little when I’m training for a race and having a horrible long run with no energy, so I wasn’t seriously dieting until THIS WEEK. I never lose weight when training for long runs, sadly.  I usually gain, if anything.

So, my goal is to get to 118 by April 20th, which I figure is about when I’ll do my last dress fitting! Our wedding is 6/2.

My plan is to stick to 1200 cals 4 days a week, 1500 one day a week, and one “free” day, within reason, plus a good solid workout 6 days a week. I take one day off working out, and I’m doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 AT LEAST 3 days a week, as I have time. 

Anyone else doing Jillian’s videos? What do you think of them? I think Ripped in 30 is HARD. I’ve had it since November but have been kinda spotty in how regularly I do it.

It’s going to be a loooong haul to stick to this until April, but OH I’m dying to do it. 132 pounds is far too much on my frame. It looks awful.

Anyone already met their weight loss goal? I’d love to see before vs. after for motivation if you feel like posting.  If anyone else has motivational thoughts they use, let’s hear ’em!

The topic ‘Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors