(Closed) Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 18
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

EEK I have a lot less time than most of you but I’m definitely in! I think I’m going to start Insanity again. Did it this summer for a month and saw great results, but I fell off the wagon HARD and haven’t started since. Is this 30 day shred as good/better than insanity does anyone know? Or does anyone have a better “whip into shape” workout plan? I only have until March 17th!

Post # 19
6511 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Me!  I am joining the gym by my house with my BFF, and we are going to talk shit to each other to motivate ourselves lol

Post # 20
1253 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@MeganTacky2247: Lol, I would also choose food. I just don’t eat red meat and pork (my chose) for over 18 years so this helps a great deal (naturally). I also don’t eat much fried foods and carb. So I pretty much eat bake chicken and veggies almost every night and I love it. It doesn’t bother me and I don’t expect anyone to eat the way I do but this is my health lifestyle choice and it works for me. Please understand, I do treat myself often with pizza and wings but this is called a treat so I don’t even want it everyday. I have will power and it works for me. Good luck ladies.

Post # 21
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Samesies here! I’ve started working out, but my family came in today and I know we’re going to be eating a lot… Totally not an excuse, but it’ll be harder for me to convince myself to go downstairs and run… But we can all do this! Thanks for starting the thread. Looking forward to 2012!

Post # 22
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

*raises hand*  Count me in!

I’ve been so bad over the last month or two, I actually gained weight back after loosing.  So I am preparing January 1 to eat healthy and exercise more..  Especially since my wedding is in August.

So my Dear Fiance and I bought a Treadmill so I will use that often.  I am signing up for a boot camp class and yoga again.  That’s going to be my main exercises.

Also, I am looking at how to do the Weight Watchers points program.. Or doing my “lose it” online calorie counting.  Either way I am going to cut down on sweets and junk food.. and definitely watching my portion sizes..

I want to loose 20 pounds by August.  I wonder if it’s doeable..

Good luck to everyone!  I am enjoying my bad food now over the holidays before going on weight loss mode πŸ˜‰

Post # 23
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Haha, I’ve lost 20 lbs but have stopped losing weight- I’m thinking about stepping it up at the begining of the year.  Actually I had lost 25 but holiday cookies are a weakness of mine…

Post # 25
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018 - Stone Rows Farm

I’m there with you ladies!!!! I have actaully already begun my workout routine about 3 weeks ago and lost abut 3 lbs. BUT ofcourse, went on vacation and well you know the rest!!! What i’ve found works really well and holds me accountable is logging everyday on my ihpone app called Lose it.. its free if you guys wanna try that.. You can friend people on there too so we can all be friends on there :)!!!!

My goal weight is 138 so i’ve got 16 lbs to loose. I was at 138 about 10 months ago ( i know scary how fast the weight comes on)

So here we goooo!!!

The email address associated with my account is [email protected]

Post # 26
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

MEEEEEEEEEEE PLEASEEEEEEEEE! πŸ™‚

Post # 27
2755 posts
Sugar bee

2011 was an AMAZING year for me, fitness-wise. December 2010, I decided I was done living an unhealthy, dangerous lifestyle and signed up for a YMCA membership. 2011 taught me so much about nutrition, food, exercise and my body. I lost 31 lb. total, though I’m hoping to maybe bump that number up a bit before 2012 starts πŸ˜€

But what I’m trying to say is: I am SO THERE with you! My weight loss this past year was slow, but I want to kick it up a lot and get cracking. I want to buy a dress about a year from now, and I want it to be everything I’ve always dreamed of. My goal for 2012 is between 70-100 lb. lost!

I started this time last year around 292 and I am now 261. My aim is between 160-190 by this time next year. I hope to reach 130-140 by my wedding, but we shall see πŸ™‚ I figure, once I get to 160 I will let my body sort out how it wants to be. Right now I can just only fathom being under 200 after almost a decade over that number!

Post # 28
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am there too! I went dress shopping this weekend and all I can see in the pictures are my too-big arms. I do not want to look at wedding pictures and see those samee arms.  That was definitely a motivator to do something different and I have to dedicate myself to working out and eating better next year. Great to have others who are working on the same goal.

Post # 29
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ME!!!!!

Post # 31
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@LoveMySailor1018: I prefer Insanity. The workouts are much more intense, and I like that they’re more varied. I’m in the middle of month two and love it. Month two is so freakin’ hard, but I know it will feel like a great accomplishment once I finish it. That said, I don’t think 30 Day Shred is bad; I just think Insanity is a better workout. 

The topic ‘Where are my “starting January 2012, IM GETTING IN WEDDING SHAPE!!” brides?!? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors