(Closed) Where are the 2013 pittsburgh brides?

posted 8 years ago in Pittsburgh
Post # 32
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
@lechevalnoir:  know if any really budget friendly venues ? 

Post # 33
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@cassieandkenny:  Hmmm VFWs are inexpensive, I know one where they donated the soda and stuff to the bride and grrom and some of them are new and look nice! Maybe think outside the box? I had looked into a concert venue and to rent was really cheap, like $500, all you had to do was buy one of their booze packages. Oh also, look into movie theaters, The Hollywood in Dormont is awesome and it doesn’t cost very much either. Parks are good and could could probably find a church with a large enough hall (I know catholic churchs usually have big basements that you could decorate)

How large of a wedding are you thinking?

Post # 34
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@Cellochick:  Are you looking for something indoors or outdoors? I looked at a fair amount of venues in the area when booking mine. We’re doing an outdoor wedding at Huber Haus (found it on vrbo.com since we didn’t want a traditional reception hall, we wanted an all night, wild and crazy party!). Anyways, we still ended up looking at some halls so let me know what you’re looking for, might be able to give you some reccommendations. 

To everyone else – I’m getting married August 3rd, 2013 outside of Pittsburgh (Champion to be exact) and I ended up buying EVERYTHING since rentals were insanely expensive. If any other brides would like to share supplies and costs, let me know! I could share the cost and rent things out before hand or I’d be happy to sell anything afterwards. We have glasses, silverware, christmas lights, tablecloths.. everything!

Post # 35
6 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@cassieandkenny:  We’re doing ours for under 5k! We rented a big house so all my out of town guests can stay that night (vrbo.com is good for house rentals) and we ended up buying everything ourselves. 

We’re going with a personal chef instead of a caterer which saved us tons of money for 100 people. For service, cooking on site and food costs, out total food budget is 2k including appetizers! I found someone who’s whole goal is to make catering and personal chefing affordable to everyone. You should totally check out his site – http://kateringbykreft.com/index-1_KBK.html

Post # 36
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
@nryeager:  That’s awesome that you are able to do everything for 2k. Chances are I am going to be DIY as well and would be very interested in seeing and possibly purchasing your decorations if someone hasn’t already snatched them up! 

Also, I am going to have about 180 people. How did you find a house with enough space to accommodate? Am I just having too many people? My familypal one is 80 so it’s rough. But I searched a little on vrbo but wish I could find a place with some acres for pop up tents etc. 

Thanks!!!

Post # 37
6 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Pookieboog:  I’m doing mine at Huber Haus in Champion, PA. They have a huge capacity and the house has 8 bedrooms so our immediate family is staying at the house with us (no drunk driving!). They had no issue accomodating 100 and I would guess they could do 180 but you might need an extra bathroom. Maybe they’d pay a referral fee if you booked it? We could split it 🙂

If you want to email me, I still have a ton of decorations that I could sell or rent after this weekend (my wedding). We have:

10 glass bottles with rubber stoppers (we used for water on tables) – $30
About 30 solar powered lights for the yard – $15
A bunch of small white birdcage candle holders for votives or tea lights
Really high quality plastic pint glasses with lips and moustaches. We used these for water glasses and they’re still on sale at Target so you could get more – 80/$40
A ton of ribbon we used for our table settings
10 green flower pots I used for fruit bouquets – $20
12’x12′ dance floor that I can sell after November for $600 or I could rent it for $400(if you needed a bigger floor, you can buy additional flooring from the same place I bought mine. It’s WAY cheaper than renting).
A bunch of white on white xmas lights

I already sold all my glasses, tablecloths and silverware (which I’m delivering the day after my wedding). So sorry about that!

Post # 38
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

If anyone wants anything I have listed in the classifieds I’d be pumped for a local person and no shipping! =) http://www.weddingbee.com/classifieds/show-ad/?id=36188/ and http://www.weddingbee.com/classifieds/show-ad/?id=36189/

I got married in January and have been super lazy about getting rid of things. I also design wedding invitationson the side and that’s kept me busier than I would have thought!

The topic ‘Where are the 2013 pittsburgh brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors