Where are the 2020 brides? Introduce yourself!

posted 10 months ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 31
1356 posts
Bumble bee

I thought I had already posted, but guess not.

We’ve been dating 2 years, began speaking marriage in first few months. Engaged in December.

But tonight I was surprised by a real proposal on-knee. Lol. I had not been wearing my ring because it’s been soooo cold here it is loose. So he presented it. Lol. 

We are getting married June 6 2020. Which is also my sister’s  birthday. Outdoor at a golf course on the Atlantic Ocean .  Formal but non-traditional. 

I am in love with the kindest most genuine man. I am ecstatic I get to keep him. Lol . 

Our venue is booked, officiant and photographer.  I have a dress but because we changed from a basilica  to a golf course I ordered a different dress.  I’ve  got my shoes… that is about it.

This is my ring. It is a 1.5 regular moissanite.  I asked for a sapphire or moissanite.  He said no to sapphire. I thought I would want a forever 1 until I saw them in person. Too steely and cold n stark for me, same with hearts n arrows.

Instead I preferred  the creamy vintage off-white stone. I love it. He went bigger than I asked do I am growing used to it. 

He also wanted an engagement ring. 

Happy planning, bees. 

Post # 32
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

Yayyyyy 2020 Brides!!

My date is 08.08.2020! Getting married at a renovated old post office. A beautiful grand building in a downtown city right off the water. 

Engaged Oct 27 2018. Been together almost 3 years. Met at work  lol I have my dress picked (thanks to some helpful ladies on here.) Going with a modern lace ballgown with a chapel length train and veil. 

Got 2 photographers in mind & need to find spanish-english speaking officiant and DJ. πŸ˜‚ wish me luck. 

Here’s my ring! 4.5 DEW old mine cut from The True Gem in recycled 18k rose gold. 

Post # 33
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Anchor Village

Yayyy 2020 brides! I got engaged December of 2017 and we are getting married on August 22nd of 2020! So far it has flown by so I think it will just keep on flying! So excited for more 2020 brides!

Post # 34
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

We just got engaged yesterday on Valentines Day! We are going to order my ring by the end of the month. We are planning to have a small ceremony on 10/10/20 with our closest friends and family at our local county building followed by a nice dinner. We are going to have a big party later and invite all friends and extended family. We would love to elope in Hawaii but that’s not in our cards at the moment as we are trying to save up to move out of state but we were thinking it would be great for our 5 year renewal. 

Post # 35
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2020 - New Orleans, LA

Hi Bees!

Very new to this site – so just popping in to say hello! FH and I have been dating for 11 years.. honestly didnt think we’d ever get married (and I would have been totally fine with that).  But he recently dropped that he was looking for rings and I was all surprised So we started looking together but didn’t find anything we were both in love with.  So we reached out to a local jeweler to get this rose-cut marquise custom made in platinum.  Fast forward to October when we’re in Europe.  We started out in Lisbon (which is awesome btw) then went to Seville (which is even more awesome and beautiful – totally recommend it for a honeymoon).  We go out to a really posh dinner then for a walk along a private boardwalk afterwards.  He stops right in front of a tower thats like 500 years old and all lit up and asks me to take his picture.  As Im taking out my phone – he’s taking out the ring.  I look up – and there it is! I never saw it in person.  Once we OK’ed the design I was totally hands off bc I wanted to be surprised.  And I was! Now we’re planning a Destination Wedding wedding in New Orleans next December

Post # 36
4 posts
Wannabee

Oct 2020 here! Got engaged Aug 2018 and I’m so excited to finally start planning laughing. Hoping to have a venue booked by March and then I’ll just drink wine and pin things until the summer. 

Btw, all of your rings are beautiful!! Loving all of the pics πŸ’• 

Here’s mine πŸ₯°

Post # 37
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Ooooo I love this!

My name is Kayla and my fiancé’s is Michael, we just celebrated our 4 year anniversary on the 15th! Getting married on May 22 2020, engaged on September 27 2018.

I’m only 20 so wanted to wait until I was at least 21 so I could enjoy my wedding, not to mention I’ve always wanted a long engagement! 

All these rings are so beautiful, I love seeing how unique everyone is and you can really tell through their rings.

Id love to keep in touch with some of y’all and follow your wedding journey, I’m not on Facebook much but I am on Instagram if anyone wants to link up and share tips on DIY stuff and wedding inspiration. @kayla.kaheaulani

My wedding ring is a 1.5 carat diamond and I wear a size 7 ring! 

Post # 38
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

Yay, 2020!

he asked me to marry him on Feb. 2,

We don’t have a date yet, still narrowing down venues. 

Here’s my ring, I love it so much, I’ve posted it everywhere πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Post # 39
7 posts
Newbee

slj2020 :  I love your ring! I was debating between an oval and a pear and also between rose gold and yellow gold. The design is gorgeous! 

Post # 40
4 posts
Wannabee

taylorlinsey :  I had the exact same debate. In the end she chose and I love it sooo much! Your pear is breathtaking By The Way 😍

Post # 41
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2020

Yay, can’t believe we are actually getting married next year!

We got engaged Christmas 2018 after nearly 8 years together. W’re aiming for 4/4/2020 but we haven’t actually booked a venue yet – we’re looking at one this weekend and it’s honestly so exciting!

My beautiful emerald

Post # 42
5 posts
Newbee

SO many beautiful rings!! 

4 years together, got engaged November 2018 and wedding date set to September 12, 2020. No venue yet but church has already been reserved. Will start looking at venues this summer!

Post # 43
651 posts
Busy bee

Got engaged in August 2018 and picked a venue last month.  May 2020 for us! Next up is picking a caterer (and we have to bring in our own tables, chairs, linens, etc.) which is tough, as we’re planning from afar.

So far I’m finding all this a bit more stressful than fun, but hopefully that changes… πŸ™‚

ringpic

IMG_20180804_164202

Post # 44
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2020 - Scotland

2020 BRIDES REPRESENT!!!

My fiancé and I got engaged June 8 2019 and will be saying our vows on June 3, 2020 on the Bonny, bonny banks of Loch Lomond in Scotland!  We are doing a planned private ceremony (just the two of us + photographer, registrar, and bagpiper) so we opted to have it on a Wednesday to reduce the amount of people that might be around the Loch.  

I have taken to wedding planning like a fish to sawdust but I’m slowly figuring it all out and we have most of the details about our ceremony/honeymoon trip all sorted out and booked. Hoping to have everything finalized by October to I can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of our <1 year engagement!

oh and here is my stunning oval sapphire set in *recycled!* rose gold! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors