(Closed) Where are the May 26, 2012 girls?

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

I sent Save-The-Date Cards a few months ago….the last thing I did was book the trolley for the day of and book the cake.  We are currently working on the honeymoon and the rehearsal dinner space!  I got a lot of stuff done early, so only minor things to do now, like be picky over the dinnerware and think about place cards, etc.  There are things I can’t do until Feb- like pick out spring suits for the groom and groomsmen, pick my shoes (waiting til the first fitting), get the invites printed, etc.  I guess I’ll just have to enjoy the holidays! 

Post # 4
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi ladies! Well, Fiance and I have been busy with work and school, so I’m hoping we’ll have a little more time over the holidays to figure stuff out and DIY. I just put a downpayment on the dress yesterday, but I told them my wedding was on May 12 so I could avoid any last minute problems (the women helping me lit up and said “oh, I got married on the same date!” It was sweet, but I felt bad lying then…). Next weekend we are tasting the wine, so that will be fun. Because we have a short engagement and it will require significant travel plans for many people, I just did the STD informally so people could book their flights. The big thing now is invitations, and we still need to find a DJ….

Post # 5
275 posts
Helper bee

Hi Date Twins!

I’m picking out bridesmaids dresses at the end of the month and suits soon after. Other than finalizing invites, I think I’m done? All major decisions/vendors have been booked and made. Now I’m just working on my fitness! We’re less than six months away! Crazy right?

Post # 6
3182 posts
Sugar bee

Ah, I am so behind!  I am almost done with this semester though so that should help.  If anyone thinks it’s a good idea to take 19 hours in law school while planning a wedding . . . .it’s not!  We still need STD’s, a DJ, and to officially book the cake place.  

Post # 7
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

Ahh, yes….fitness ๐Ÿ™‚  I have been slowly making progress, but I told myself that the first of the year is when I kick it into ‘serious’ gear.  My first fitting is the end of Feb!  Funny story…I went to Binny’s in June to talk about a bar budget, etc.  and the guy was nice, but told be to come back in February- so much for planning ahead. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

Did you read the blog about working out today?  Singing my name.  I am signing up for classes just to keep me on track!

As far as getting stuff done…  Been slacking a little since there is so much done already!  But its time to book transportation, lighting, buy wedding bands, etc.  Little details need to be wrapped up and as of the 1st of the year we will finally be able to book our ceremony site!  Can’t believe its 6 months away!

Post # 10
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Monte Verde Inn

Hi ladies! My biggest goal right now is getting into shape. Such a toughie, but I am determined!

@Jbing…doesn’t it just burst your bubble when you try and plan something early, and they say come back? I hate when that happens! haha.

Post # 11
741 posts
Busy bee

Yep, I’m trying to get fit too. I’ve been good about going to the gym 3 times a week and running, but I would really, really like to get toned! If you guys have advice on that, please share!

Maybe we could start another May 26 fitness thread? Keep each other in check? ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 13
55 posts
Worker bee

I just got FI’s ring in the mail today! and mine is being custom made and should be ready by next week! besides that we still have to design & assemble our invites (im DIYing them all so its going to take forever) and we still need to book our bakery & transpo and order our linens. Also working on the fitness as well ; ) i’ve NEVER been a gym person and starting the sunday after thanks giving ive been going to the gym 5 times a week (this is an insane accomplishment for me!) even though all i do is power walk/jog on the treadmill for 2-3 miles. haha baby steps right!

Post # 14
10 posts
Newbee

Well, I’ve been a little behind because of school and things, but I have all my save the dates addressed and am now working on getting to the post office to send them out. haha. My next big thing to take care of is my bridesmaids dresses, hoping to get all them done by the end of January. And of course I want to get in shape. But we will see how that goes with the Christmas season coming up ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck to everyone!

The topic ‘Where are the May 26, 2012 girls?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors