(Closed) Where are you & bridesmaids planning to get ready on the morning of?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Where did you & bridesmaids get ready?
    At my house : (5 votes)
    12 %
    At my parent's house : (7 votes)
    17 %
    In a hotel room together : (22 votes)
    52 %
    At a salon together : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Everyone got ready separately : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Other (please explain) : (5 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 4
    927 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

We booked 2 rooms in a small boutique hotel and my fiancé will stay in one room with his friend and I’ll stay in another room with my BFF and Maid/Matron of Honor. That way we’ll be close to the wedding venue and our photographer can take photos of both of us (but not together). Can’t wait!!!

Post # 5
    4887 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I’d do it at the hotel but I’d absolutely include your mom too!

I believe my fiance and I are spending the night before together here in our home (by ourselves), but then I have a full day with my bridesmaids and mom.  I’ll have breakfast with my fiance, but then we’re doing private yoga from 11-noon, then booked the salon for hair/make up from 1230-330pm with food and drinks.  This is just my 4 bridesmaids and my mom, and I’m VERY excited about having this time with my favorite women.  We leave for the ceremony site at 330pm and spend time in the bridal suite and taking pictures before the ceremony at 630pm.

Post # 6
    41 posts
    Newbee

We’re getting ready at our reception venue – the upper rooms of a historic house – which is also right across the street from our ceremony site (a city park).  As I envision it, everyone (moms, Bridesmaid or Best Man, me in one area, my Fiance, his groomsman, in another) will all be there, and being on site will dramatically cut down on transit time and facilitate photography (our ceremony is also at 11am). 

Like a PP mentioned, no reason you couldn’t include your mom at the hotel! 

Post # 7
    10714 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

Well I’m getting partly ready at the salon… hair, makeup… ect.

Then I’ll be going to the venue to have our rehearsal 2 hours before the wedding. We’ll make sure everythings in place before the guests arrive and we’ll go into the bathroom to slip on our dresses… My mom won’t be around but my grandmother is getting her hair done with me! =D 

Post # 8
    2233 posts
    Buzzing bee

We’re getting ready at the venue. There are hotel rooms on the 2nd floor and meeting rooms. 

Fiance will check into the hotel room & I will go into the meeting room with my Maid/Matron of Honor. My mom will be there as well but I’m not sure about Future Mother-In-Law. I still have to discuss with her on where she wants to get her hair done.  

Post # 9
    2440 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

We are getting a suite at the hotel down the street from the venue.  My fiance’s family is staying in the hotel as well.  So I’m sleeping in the suite alone Friday night and he’s sleeping in his parents room.  Then my bridesmaids, my mom, fiance’s mom and grandma, are joining me in the morning in my suite to get hair and makeup done.

Post # 10
    964 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

My girls and I are having a slumber party at a hotel the night before then getting ready there the next day.

Post # 11
    1006 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

We’re having a destination wedding so the hotel suite that I rented for myself and the bridesmaids will serve as home base for getting ready.

I’m having 2 hair/makeup stylists come to the hotel

Post # 12
    4676 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

At my parents house.  It is close to the venue and I like the idea of having anything I could need while getting ready there!  My mom isn’t planning on going to the salon with us but I’m sure she can be at home for a lot of the ‘getting ready’ stuff with the BM’s and I.  

Post # 13
    466 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011 - Sweet ceremony by the sea and sunset celebration on the North Shore of Hawaii

the ladies (and gent) came over to our villa for a morning brunch together…then everyone went back to their rooms to get ready and came back to finish makeup at bride headquarters. 🙂

Post # 14
    515 posts
    Busy bee

It’s kind of weird…but my stepdad is a manager at a bank in our small hometown where we’re getting married and he’s going to let me and my bridesmaids get ready in the room above the main floor of the bank. It’s just a big room where they have meetings and office parties, etc.

Our only other option was to get ready an hour away from there, in the hotel Fiance and I will be staying at. I mean, we had other options (my moms house, my dads house, one of my sisters houses, one of my sisters apartments, etc.) but they all involved dealing with cat/dog hair. And I just don’t want to be wearing cat/dog hair on my wedding day.

ETA: Other people in the room with me and my 2 bridesmaids will be my 2 nieces, my mom, and all 3 of my sisters. I’m assuming my 2 brothers, dad, stepdad, nephews, and grandparents will probably drop in at some point. Future Mother-In-Law might drop in as well, she could be there the whole time but I’m assuming she’ll want to be with Fiance. She’ll probably be crying her eyes out so it might be best if she stays with Fiance the whole time haha.

Post # 15
    2542 posts
    Sugar bee

My bridesmaids and I are going to the salon for hair and makeup together in the morning. Then we’re going back to my mom’s house for lunch and to put on our dresses and accessories.

The topic ‘Where are you & bridesmaids planning to get ready on the morning of?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors