(Closed) Where are you in your planning process? April2017

posted 4 years ago in April 2017
Post # 61
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I got engaged 2 weeks ago. We are getting married April 29th. It’ll be our 5 year anniversary! 

So far we have the venue, which is his parents’ backyard, and the photographer, which is his sister. We also booked our DJ. Next, we need to book our caterer and figure out the rentals, which will include chairs, tables, and a canopy. I plan on going dress shopping this month.

I feel behind compared to the rest of you bees.

Post # 62
3439 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - City, State

Another 4/29 bride here! We have our venue, caterer, officiant, ceremony/cocktail hour musician, photographer, baker, hotel blocks, after party space, Save-The-Date Cards are out (it’s a domestic destination wedding) invitations are in a box in my bedroom, wedding dress is at the shop until alteration time, and I’m officially in a wedding planning lull. Wish I had more to do right now but there just isn’t anything that needs attention yet.

Post # 63
2060 posts
Buzzing bee

4/22

stuff I’m behind on, eep

Still need to book the caterer and officiant (haven’t picked officiant yet, picked caterer just need to finalize) 

Send Save-The-Date Cards (these and invites are done but I need addresses and stamps…Lol)

other stuff to do: 

Rent/buy most table linens

Make seating chart

finish my mostly done DIY flower panel

finish my diy backdrop for photos (just need lights and to assemble)

Finalize centerpiece design and head table design

pay for insurance and parking lot 

get guys size info to rent tuxes (tuxes picked out)

Maids/Mens gifts

Toasting glasses (I bought some but somehow lost them??)

Finalize hair (she’s not taking 2017 appointments till Dec, ugh)

Get a necklace and shoes

Send out invites

Make mirror seating chart

Order photo prints for photo table

Limos/transpo

Alterations

Finalize flower order

Make our own flowers a few days before 

Rent chairs

book night of hotel

maids dresses (they can’t decide, lol, we’re doing off the rack though) 

pretty much everything else is done…from cake topper to makeup lol

Post # 64
2924 posts
Sugar bee

I can join this board!  My date is 4/29 too!

We just booked our venue and I’ve talked to a couple of local hotels for room blocks since all of FI’s family has to travel and we’ll finalize that by this weekend (hopefully).

I’m going dress shopping tomorrow night with my mom and sister.  We haven’t yet decided on having a bridal party or not.  We’re meeting with a photographer this weekend (same one my friend used and really liked).  My mom has a friend that’s a baker and she’s making the cake for us.  My Fiance was insistent that we have a band vs a DJ so we’ve already booked them as well.

I think we have a lot done so far seeing that we just got engaged 9/24. smile

Post # 65
391 posts
Helper bee

4/21/17 here!

I just sent out the STDs! Our venue has been booked since we got engaged in June 2016. My next project is going to be the cake. Tuxes are picked out! Website is done! I will start working on designing the invites next month and order them mid December! Since our venue is all-inclusive, I have very little coordinating to do!!! Once my dress comes in around January 1, I’ll begin alterations and shoe shopping! 

Post # 66
135 posts
Blushing bee

Yay for all the 4/29 brides!

We booked our honeymoon this past Monday (Riviera Maya!)… so that’s a huge thing to cross off the list.

We’re also doing a large ornate mirror with our seating chart written on it – and we got the mirror delivered last weekend. It’s beautiful. πŸ™‚

My next thing is we have to reconnect with the florist. She told us to get back in touch with her once I had my bridesmaids dresses in. I’ve had them in for months (oops!) so, I really need to get on that for her to provide me samples.

And then in early November we have our pre-Cana classes and will probably go register and look for wedding bands.

It’s all happening!

Post # 67
362 posts
Helper bee

brideonapriltwentynine : Where did you get your ornate mirror? I found some on etsy but the shipping and the item itself cost so much  (without a frame!)? 

Post # 69
2627 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Hogarths, Solihull

While we’re all updating… πŸ™‚

We’re going for our menu tasting next weekend, and also meeting our jeweller about our custom rings.

We’ve then got a meeting with our Venue Co-ordinator the first weekend in November πŸ™‚ 

The Bridal Salon called me the other day and I’ve booked my first dress appointment for the 9th of March, which is about 8 weeks from the Wedding believe it or not!

Post # 70
362 posts
Helper bee

brideonapriltwentynine :  Thanks for the website but yikes!!! They’re pricey.  But there is an etsy seller who makes the decals for you for the guest list…I’ll probably use her and buy a mirror locally.

Post # 71
135 posts
Blushing bee

ristai01 :  we searched a handful of antique stores and also Etsy and mirrors were very expensive, not the right size or not the look I was going for. This was the best I’ve seen yet. It was actually cheaper than a lot of the ones we saw, so we just bit the bullet. 

My fiancé is in a Jeep club and I’m going to get the names done by his vinyl decal vendor. Hopefully more cost effective than getting it done by a calligrapher. 

Post # 72
2627 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Hogarths, Solihull

Just a little update πŸ™‚

We went for our Menu Tasting at the venue yesterday – it was fab!

We’ve decided to go with a choice menu to give everyone lots of options πŸ™‚

Starters – Chicken Parfait / Tomato Soup / Salmon Roulade

Mains – Blade of Beef / Roast Salmon / Lamb Shank

Dessert – Chocolate Mousse / Blueberry Cheesecake / Poached Pear

Post # 73
368 posts
Helper bee

So exciting!

Looks like I’ll be one of the first to take the plunge on 1/4/17!

We have almost finished designing our invites, my wedding band is nowhere near being finished, design wise. We don’t have any suits except the grooms.Β 

I’ve just been to Florida for 2 weeks so going to try my dress on on Saturday to see the worst case scenario (I feel like I’m bursting at the seams the food portions in Florida are so big!). The weekend after we are meeting with the head chef to design our menu and on the 20th we have our pre-wedding shoot to get to know our photographers a bit better. It’s all heppening!

Post # 74
264 posts
Helper bee

Finally started the DIY projects this week. EEK! This included signs and starting on a floral backdrop. Still need to do quite a bit more of both. Also want to build some lawn games. 

Decor will be worked on more as it gets closer but I know what I need to order/buy for the most part.

This week my big things were that I finalized my hair stylist and ordered invitations.

Next up get FH to go and order his suit (he needs to have it made to fit). Heres to a productive November ladies πŸ™‚

Post # 75
2924 posts
Sugar bee

A bit of an update from me smile

* Got my dress (Hayley Paige Roxanne – love it!)

* Decided on having a bridal party and my bridesmaids picked out their dresses (off the rack at Nordstrom)

* Sent out save the dates

*  Met with our caterer about menu choices but have not yet finalized anything

*  Meeting with the florist next week.  I am going to DIY the table centerpieces so I just need the florist for the bridal party flowers.  My venue does not need much decorating because it’s nice to begin with.  We would love to have the ceremony outside but if we can’t, we may decorate a bit more on the inside location

* My Fiance has started looking at wedding bands and it’s so cute because he didn’t realize how many choices there were.  One day he says he’s going to get something really modern and funky, then the next he says he’s going to get a plain platinum band.  I bought my wedding band from Costco and plan on wearing my e-ring on my other hand.

We just closed on our house last weekend but we can’t move in yet as we are having the floors redone so that has taken precedence over the wedding planning for now.

The topic ‘Where are you in your planning process? April2017’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors